Considering parting out '94 - what's worth selling?

DSMDan

LVC Member
Reaction score
The car has 18" Cobra R wheels which I know are worth a few bucks. It has a decent Kenwood MP3 CD player, new AC controller...

What else should I sell? I don't want to deal with stuff that'll be a pain in the ass, like the motor/trans (which have 175k and major issues), but how about electronics under the hood? Headlights, taillights, air bags, corner lights, interior switches/electronics, etc? I paid $800 for the car and I'd like to recover as much of that as possible.

Interested!

DSMDan said:
The car has 18" Cobra R wheels which I know are worth a few bucks. It has a decent Kenwood MP3 CD player, new AC controller...

What else should I sell? I don't want to deal with stuff that'll be a pain in the ass, like the motor/trans (which have 175k and major issues), but how about electronics under the hood? Headlights, taillights, air bags, corner lights, interior switches/electronics, etc? I paid $800 for the car and I'd like to recover as much of that as possible.

I am working on my 94 and would be interested in the corner lights and the a/c controller(the console in the middle of the dash that contols the heat and a/c?) only if the parts are in excellent condition. I also need a drivers side front fender if your color code is WK (opal opalescent). I don't have any idea what to offer for these parts, maybe someone on the site could help with pricing. If you are interested, send a private and I will return with my phone number so we can talk. Thanks, Stevo's Dad

I parted out my 93 mark and got decent money for the parts.. heres a list off the top of my head.

all front lights went for $60..
driveshaft for $100
heater control unit for $130( but it was brand new from ford)
header panel i think $75

I sold more stuff but right now I can't think of stuff that made me $. lol. the best bet would be to sear ch e-bay.. see what parts are selling and list them. you'll make a decent amount if the car is toast.

Parts, parts, parts!!!

DSMDan said:

I just came off E-BAY and you should definitely list the whole damn car, piece by piece. You will make money for sure. I just bid on the climate control unit, 55.00 and a pass front corner lite(55.00) Just thought you might like to know!!! Good Luck! Stevo's Dad.

I would be interested in the grill and the chrome piece that runs accross it.

part out the whole thing. I would suggest you list parts for sale here and start picking the car apart. then list the rest on ebay, one part at a time. You will get well over $800. For example, you should get 200-300 for the hood alone (if in good shape) another 100 for the trunk lid, another 50-100 per headlight and cornerlight (if in good shape), A few hundred for the seats (if in good shape), etc etc etc. You could pretty easily pull 3k out of it, more if your diligent and sell every little part. Here is a simple example. The gearshift handle, costs aout $75 new. You could sell it for $20 pretty easily.

Everything could be sold. Every little part. some will only get you $5 to $20 - but multiply that by how many little parts there are.

There are a lot of parts that will not sell on Ebay, and others that will. I have been parting out my car for a few months now, and I have been surprised at what is popular and what is not. I have seen a bunch of trunk lids and doors for example as low as $39.99 not sell, but I sold the cargo net out of the trunk for $45. It's hit or miss.

There are a lot of great deals like that on ebay that you bring up, but it's the shipping that scares potential buyers away. I always see great deals I'd like to take advantage of, but then reality hits when you see the $100+ dollar shipping. Can't do it...

I don't do Ebay but, I'm interested in the wheels. Are they chrome, painted or polished? I got cash if you got pics??

i would like to see some pics of the whole car, and also the interior... so i know the parts are in good condition.

dang - the salvage tow truck is coming to pick mine up tomorrow - think I'll go out and strip her down! I've got all the parts mentioned above, a new fuel pump, air ride only 9 months old, bumper painted 8 months ago.....only issues are the drivers side seat.....dang - too many parts too little time - oh heck auto starter, new tires and lug locks!

I didn't even say I was parting it out yet! :)

I was considering it. I think I'm going to.. but I need to get time to start on the project before I claim it'll start.

MeNmyMarkVIII said:
dang - the salvage tow truck is coming to pick mine up tomorrow - think I'll go out and strip her down! I've got all the parts mentioned above, a new fuel pump, air ride only 9 months old, bumper painted 8 months ago.....only issues are the drivers side seat.....dang - too many parts too little time - oh heck auto starter, new tires and lug locks!

How did your's insurance turn out?

I ended up with 3,600 after 500 ded. not bad I figure, then I found a url that uncovered a 93 Mark VIII with only 46,000 - it is clean to the bone, except rims. One owner car, and serveced at dealers. I am supposed to finilize the deal tomorrow, today if I can get anohter driver,l she's two hours away in Oak Harbor OH at Tri Mototrs. I hve been sick as a dog and on s/lo all week, kinda handy but this cold is killing me!

Wish I knew for sure wether to trust the dealer or not - I jsut can't afford major repairs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back