Consider Which "Local" Autoparts Option would you choose ???

Dino'sLSdeuce

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
"OPEN SURVEY/QUESTION FOR ALL",

If you had to get a car up and running, and if your choices were the local Autoparts chains in
your towns (Autozone, Oreilly's, NAPA, Carquest, Advance,etc....). Where would you choose
to buy the parts for your LINCOLN LS ??

Take into consideration it's your daily car to get to and from work ??

Is there a "General Consensus" as a rating scale of "Best -to- Worst" when choosing which Autoparts to choose ???
Name your Stores...

I normally deal with NAPA...they are the only one local.

I have gotten things at the others but they are about a hour away.

I also get the best discount at NAPA since I frequent there often.

By me,
First between Napa or Advance,
autozone only for fluids, wipers and such,
Pep boys a little bit of a ride but same as autozone,
Rockauto usually get most items besides dealer if needed.

O O O Oreillys. Most parts stores will price match so cost isnt why I like them. I just like the people that work there. At this store, you dont have to get scared if they have to go to the book to look something up. They are all car guys...and one girl who is a car girl.

I deal with either OReilly's or CarQuest. Carquest has the most knowledgeable staff, and it's close to my work. OReilly's has a better chance of having it in stock. But their employees at this location (well all except for 1) are dumb as rocks. ALso, OReilly's is open much later, so if it's after 5:30, it's my only option.

I usually go to pep boys or auto zone
But when they don't have the part I just go to
O'Reillys they carry motorcraft parts
They're all close to me
There's also a carquest and a Napa within two miles
But pep boys and autozone are my go to stores

i never shop retail, they have an outrageous markup.

paint is about all i buy from auto parts stores...its the only thing cheaper then online.

Dealer, online dealer sites, RockAuto.

Retail stores I only use for oil, filters, wipers, fuses, little diddly ****.

Dealer, online dealer sites, RockAuto.

Retail stores I only use for oil, filters, wipers, fuses, little diddly ****.

+1 RockAuto and Tasca is my go to and in emergency it is the local Ford dealer.

I get the little things at Advance Auto and buy my oil at Wally World.

rockauto but most of the time I go to autozone or advance. I think pepboys cost a little more than these two plus I look up the 20% promo codes online before I go and get a nice discount.

...and buy my oil at Wally World.

Heard that was a great place to buy oil but I'm not a fan of Wal-mart yet. You never know based on financial situations but I just don't like having to park in their lots, I feel like my car loses value there like a mansion in a bad neighborhood, or dealing with the people there.

I go to O'reilly's if I can't get it at rockauto or want to pay the dealer prices.

Local - Napa is my preferred option. Local store is privately owned so they have more flexibility on what and how they do it. They have a couple very knowledgeable people (who I deal with for anything that requires questions or research, including custom orders) and I get good discounts from them.

Second - Al's Auto Supply, err I mean Schucks.. damn, I mean O'reilly's... yeah, that's what they are now! & CRAP (Cut Rate Auto Parts) a local/regional small chain.

Online - Advance Auto (web search always results in great discount codes) and Rock Auto.

Misc Parts/Supplies - Some other chain stores and Amazon

Never, ever wallyworld

Members online

No members online now.
Back