Congresswoman McKinney

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Here's a CNN story.

This is not the issue.

Why are Congress men and women allowed to enter without going thru a metal detector? In this day and age, why is that allowed. Especially left-wing nut jobs that get elected to Congress like McKinney?

Is this not an accident waiting to happen?

All you need is a fake laple pin and it seems like can just walk in if that particular officer has not memorized the face of every single one of the 535 members. Just ridiculous if you ask me.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/03/31/mckinney.police/index.html?section=cnn_latest

They had every right in the world to stop her by any means necessary. Under the circumstances the rules seem pretty relaxed. All she had to do was wear a badge. It amazed me how people drew something racist from this. Maybe they were picking on her for flaunting the rules. Can't say as I blame them.

You guys have no clue about her. I don't know a single person outside her f'ed up district who can tolerate her. She is one of the most racist and horrible human beings I have ever seen.

MAllen82 said:
You guys have no clue about her.

Trust me. I'm pretty clued in. That is why I brought the subject up.

People of ethnicity love to flaunt the rules. She runs around looking like a 'ghetto' gal and then cries about not being recognized.

Not one person is outraged like I am that we have such lax rules when it comes to safety regarding our own congress-people.

Crap. All you have to do is put a gun in one of their briefcases, etc. and then 'claim' it when they get inside. What a frikkin joke.

Our government is sooooooooooooo stupid, I can't believe it.

My wife used to work for Congress and Staffers like Cynthia was one of the reasons she left the hill and pursued a career outside of politics.

There is a whole different world on the hill!

To put this issue to bed..........

Posted on Fri, Apr. 07, 2006

Georgia lawmaker apologizes for row with police
By Nick Timiraos and Johanna Neuman
Los Angeles Times

McKinney

WASHINGTON – Rep. Cynthia McKinney, D-Ga., facing a grand jury investigation and a cold shoulder from colleagues, apologized on the House floor Thursday for an altercation with a Capitol Police officer who had asked her to stop after she walked around a security checkpoint.

“I am sorry that this misunderstanding happened at all, and I regret its escalation,” the Georgia Democrat said. “And I apologize.”

McKinney’s words and tone contrasted sharply with her initial reaction, which occurred March 29. Over the next several days, a defiant McKinney insisted the officer had acted inappropriately.

Lawmakers wearing identification pins routinely are waved into the Capitol and surrounding office buildings without passing through metal detectors. But McKinney, who is black, was not wearing her pin when she entered the Longworth House Office Building and, in the ensuing confrontation, hit the white officer who touched her shoulder in seeking to stop her.

At a news conference March 31 that included singer Harry Belafonte and actor Danny Glover, McKinney charged she was a victim of racial profiling and “inappropriate touching.” In numerous TV interviews, she also said the matter was “much ado about a hairdo,” suggesting one reason the officer did not recognize her was that she recently changed her hairstyle.

But after the scuffle was referred to a federal grand jury – and as it turned into a political lightning rod – McKinney came under increasing pressure to defuse the situation.

Fellow members of the Congressional Black Caucus delivered that message to her during a closed-door meeting Wednesday night. And House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., clearly was perturbed by the continuing furor – especially when she and other Democratic leaders wanted to focus on the decision this week by former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, to resign from Congress.

Pelosi distanced herself from McKinney when asked to comment on the case, saying, “The matter is under investigation. … I don’t see any conceivable reason why someone would strike a Capitol Police officer.”

It was unclear Thursday whether McKinney’s apology would have any effect on the grand jury, which is weighing assault charges against her. Two congressional aides who witnessed the security incident – Troy Phillips, who works for Rep. Sam Farr, D-Calif., and Lisa Subrize, who works for Rep. Thaddeus McCotter, R-Mich. – were subpoenaed Wednesday to testify before the panel.

Several black colleagues stood by the congresswoman’s side as she delivered her apology on the House floor.

“There should not have been any physical contact in this incident,” she said.

While still an arse for playing the "race card" so quickly, at least she demonstrated some humility in the end. That quality seems to be in short supply in DC these days.

Nice try, Johnny, but this issue isn't put to bed until the jury is back with or without charges, and until McKinney actually apologizes for not only assaulting the officer, but for making racist remarks. All she did was express her regret to people in general that the "incident", which she won't acknowledge was an assault, happened at all. If this had been a republican, you guys would ride this horse into the ground and you know it.

MonsterMark said:
Is this not an accident waiting to happen?

All you need is a fake laple pin and it seems like can just walk in if that particular officer has not memorized the face of every single one of the 535 members. Just ridiculous if you ask me.

I agree completely and have wondered this myself many times.

MonsterMark said:
People of ethnicity love to flaunt the rules. She runs around looking like a 'ghetto' gal and then cries about not being recognized.

To be honest, im not comfortable with how you stated this. Lets not classify all "People of ethnicity" into one group. I know you well enough to know you didnt mean to sound racist, but you came off that way in the above statement, IMO. Maybe you want to reword things.

As far as I am concerned, I dont like her, and think she is an embarassment.

Joeychgo said:
I agree completely and have wondered this myself many times.

To be honest, im not comfortable with how you stated this. Lets not classify all "People of ethnicity" into one group. I know you well enough to know you didnt mean to sound racist, but you came off that way in the above statement, IMO. Maybe you want to reword things.

As far as I am concerned, I dont like her, and think she is an embarassment.

Talk about flaunting the rules, you just stepped in it, Joey.

Bryan, don't let the cry of "racist!" shut you up. That's what the left wants, to shut you up by calling you names. It's scare tactics like these that the left have been growing fat on for 30 years, and it's time to knock it off and stand up to it.

Joey, you're full of crap and you know it. Stop being such a castrati.

fossten said:
Talk about flaunting the rules, you just stepped in it, Joey.

Bryan, don't let the cry of "racist!" shut you up. That's what the left wants, to shut you up by calling you names. It's scare tactics like these that the left have been growing fat on for 30 years, and it's time to knock it off and stand up to it.

Joey, you're full of crap and you know it. Stop being such a castrati.

Dude, you need to take a deep breath. Joey isn't not calling Bryan a racist and truthfully, anyone that does not frequent here enough to know that Bryan is not a racist could take his comment that way.

Lets not classify all "People of ethnicity" into one group. I know you well enough to know you didnt mean to sound racist, but you came off that way in the above statement, IMO. Maybe you want to reword things.

95DevilleNS said:
Dude, you need to take a deep breath. Joey isn't not calling Bryan a racist and truthfully, anyone that does not frequent here enough to know that Bryan is not a racist could take his comment that way.

Thank you.

95DevilleNS said:

Lets not classify all "People of ethnicity" into one group. I know you well enough to know you didnt mean to sound racist, but you came off that way in the above statement, IMO. Maybe you want to reword things.
[Edited for comment... Please, please, please. Name calling will NOT be tolerated. Can't believe I have to say this again and again.]

BALONEY. If he didn't mean to call him a racist, then he shouldn't have used the word. Joey didn't even understand his own statement. What he really meant was, "let's not assume which colors fall into the category of "people of ethnicity." But Bryan did no such thing. The only person making assumptions here is Joey. Bryan actually went out of his way to avoid any appearance of racism, even so PC as to use the phrase "people of ethnicity."

What needs to stop is your demagoguing, because it's uncalled for and sickening, but oh so predictable.

Dude. (word of the day)

Last edited by a moderator:
What needs to stop is your personal attack on Joey, it was uncalled for and sickening :mad:

fossten said:
Now that you "people of liberal and quasi-homosexual persuasion" are finished circle-jerking, I'm going to respond to you since Joey appears not to have the testicular fortitude to back up his own statements.

BALONEY. If he didn't mean to call him a racist, then he shouldn't have used the word. Joey didn't even understand his own statement. What he really meant was, "let's not assume which colors fall into the category of "people of ethnicity." But Bryan did no such thing. The only person making assumptions here is Joey. Bryan actually went out of his way to avoid any appearance of racism, even so PC as to use the phrase "people of ethnicity."

What needs to stop is your demagoguing, because it's uncalled for and sickening, but oh so predictable.

Dude. (word of the day)

No - what Joey meant to say was just what he said. Lets not classify all "People of ethnicity" into one group.

Its a pretty simple statement.

And lets stop the personal attacks. The whole first paragraph is uncalled for.

Joeychgo said:
No - what Joey meant to say was just what he said. Lets not classify all "People of ethnicity" into one group.

Its a pretty simple statement.

And lets stop the personal attacks. The whole first paragraph is uncalled for.

Okay, Joey, what group was Bryan trying to classify them into? You've already accepted his premise, so I'd like to hear your answer, seeing as he didn't name any specific group.

And don't act all sensitive and boo-hoo-ey about personal attacks. You deserve what you got since you implied that Bryan is a racist.

fossten said:
Okay, Joey, what group was Bryan trying to classify them into? You've already accepted his premise, so I'd like to hear your answer, seeing as he didn't name any specific group.

And don't act all sensitive and boo-hoo-ey about personal attacks. You deserve what you got since you implied that Bryan is a racist.

You need to re-read what I wrote. I never called him a racist. In fact., just the opposite.

I know you well enough to know you didnt mean to sound racist,

My only point was that the way it was worded COULD be taken as racist, and I know Bryan to NOT be racist, and that he may want to reword things.

fossten said:

fossten, i read Joey's post and he didn't imply that Bryan is a racist anywhere end of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the grard should have tazzered her ass until you could smell the afro hair burning

thier thats a racist statment. yet he should have! I would have.

one way or another I would think this will be her last term ...... not all press is good press.

Joeychgo said:
You need to re-read what I wrote. I never called him a racist. In fact., just the opposite.

I know you well enough to know you didnt mean to sound racist,

My only point was that the way it was worded COULD be taken as racist, and I know Bryan to NOT be racist, and that he may want to reword things.

Well, you need to make up your mind. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. First he's not a racist, then he needs to stop sounding like one. Why did you even bring up the word in the first place, other than to get him to shut up? Did he sound like a racist or not?

Hello? Anybody in here think Bryan sounds like a racist? Hmmm? Any takers?

I doubt it.

Joey, you're trying to instigate by claiming there's fire without evidence of smoke. You're trying to stir the pot and you need to knock it off. You and I both know that Bryan's not a racist, so stop bandying the word about. Creating the opportunity for somebody to take a personal shot at Bryan by implying that he's a racist IS a personal attack. You're just upset because I exposed it.

This is ludicrous. Anything anybody says COULD be taken as racism, especially to the overly sensitive castrati. I'm just saying you need to lighten up and quit trying to start bullsh! fights.

pepperman said:
What needs to stop is your personal attack on Joey, it was uncalled for and sickening :mad:

You don't know what you're talking about. All I said was that he was full of crap and to stop being a castrati. Do you even know what that means?

I do know what i am talking about, the first part of your post was a personal attack against Joey and it was uncalled for :mad:

fossten said:
Now that you "people of liberal and quasi-homosexual persuasion" are finished circle-jerking, I'm going to respond to you since Joey appears not to have the testicular fortitude to back up his own statements.
This is what you said, and it WAS a personal attack on Joey!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back