Congresswoman McKinney

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Sheesh. I actually have to work for a change and skip the site for a day and things get a little out of line.

Let me explain.

JOey was correct to call me out for my comment. First, I am left to clicking on the site for very brief moments now and then. A minute here, a minute there. I try to express myself the best I can in that short time. I am not an author, nor a poet. Heck, I hated english in school. What can I say.

My comment was not intended to be racist. I am not a racist person. I have hired minorities of every persuasion and count several minorities in my close circle of friends. My comment about Ms. McKinney was regarding her hair. She had changed it and if you saw the photographs of her, you know what I mean. Let me say that her hair style was not very Congresswoman looking. Is that fair to say? I guess I could have used the word 'crazy' or whatever. I picked ghetto because that was the word that popped into my mind in that brief second before finger clicked keypad.

Joey and I know each other pretty well. I believe him and I thank him for his comment in regard to my comment.

What needs to happen now is everybody take a step back. Fossten, I appreciate you watching my back. However, a couple of the comments were uncalled for and simply a violation of our 'loose' rules. If you feel compelled to clarify, or even, 'apologize', not to me, but the affected ones, I think that would be welcomed by all.

Outside of the fact that I think she was sporting an uncomplimentary hairdo, the only people that have brought race into this conversation are Ms. McKinney herself, her lawyers and many from NAACP persuasion.

ANY 'white' person would also have been grabbed on the arm when worming their way thru a check point and ignoring 3 calls to stop. Sometimes the obvious is easy to ignore.

I have another busy day. The sun in shining and I'm making hay. Hopefully I won't have to look over my shoulder today and hopefully everyone here will continue to debate but show restraint and respect at the same time. Thanks.

When Joey apologizes for calling you a racist, I'll apologize for calling him a castrati. Not that there's even a close comparison.

fossten said:
When Joey apologizes for calling you a racist, I'll apologize for calling him a castrati. Not that there's even a close comparison.

"Joey" NEVER called Bryan a Racist. I commented that what he wrote COULD be taken as racist - and further commented that I know Bryan to NOT be racist and merely commented that his words could be misintrepreted.

Now I and others, including Bryan himself, have said this to you repeatedly in this thread Fossten. Get over it already. Let it go.

Joeychgo said:
"Joey" NEVER called Bryan a Racist. I commented that what he wrote COULD be taken as racist - and further commented that I know Bryan to NOT be racist and merely commented that his words could be misintrepreted.

Now I and others, including Bryan himself, have said this to you repeatedly in this thread Fossten. Get over it already. Let it go.

And you also told him to amend his comments - ala censorship. Nice try. But you can have the last word, since you're the owner of this site and I don't wanna get a spankin'. :bash:

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...over! (WTF)

Boy did this get out of hand. Anyway...

Representative Mckinney should be charged with Assaulting a Peace Officer (a felony) and tried. Apology or no.

No one, and I mean no one, should be allowed to bypass the metal detector save those whose job is the security of the facility (Capitol Police).

Fossten...pump them brakes brah! It's just a forum...

No I didnt. I said "Maybe you want to reword things."

I could have edited his post myself, and didnt. No censorship. What I was suggesting is that his words probably didnt express his true thoughts and he might want to reword things to clarify a bit.

You've blown this way out of proportion.

I personally didn't think Bryan's statement was racist, implied or not. Whatever. Maybe he should have said "Yahoo Serious".

_1263930_aff_yahoo150.jpg

Everyone really needs to chill. This isn't a bar-room brawl. Bryan and Joey are quite able to take care of themselves.

fossten said:
[Edited for comment... Please, please, please. Name calling will NOT be tolerated. Can't believe I have to say this again and again.]

BALONEY. If he didn't mean to call him a racist, then he shouldn't have used the word. Joey didn't even understand his own statement. What he really meant was, "let's not assume which colors fall into the category of "people of ethnicity." But Bryan did no such thing. The only person making assumptions here is Joey. Bryan actually went out of his way to avoid any appearance of racism, even so PC as to use the phrase "people of ethnicity."

What needs to stop is your demagoguing, because it's uncalled for and sickening, but oh so predictable.

Dude. (word of the day)

1) I am not qausi-homosexual or homosexual for that matter if you really wanted to know.
2) My demagoguing? WTF? You clearly blew Joeys benign comment to Bryan out of proportion and I tried to explain your error to you. Not my fault you’re unwilling or unable to see your errors.
3) The word of the day line about 'Dude', was that supposed to be an insult? If so, you can check the archives and find that you first started calling me 'Dude' long ago.

So relax dude, we're all friends here...

95DevilleNS said:
1) I am not qausi-homosexual or homosexual for that matter if you really wanted to know.
2) My demagoguing? WTF? You clearly blew Joeys benign comment to Bryan out of proportion and I tried to explain your error to you. Not my fault you’re unwilling or unable to see your errors.
3) The word of the day line about 'Dude', was that supposed to be an insult? If so, you can check the archives and find that you first started calling me 'Dude' long ago.

So relax dude, we're all friends here...

OK. I just popped the top on the first of many Michelob Ultra Ambers. Maybe I should make it the official beer of the LVC.:Beer

The horse is dead. Amen.

MonsterMark said:
OK. I just popped the top on the first of many Michelob Ultra Ambers. Maybe I should make it the official beer of the LVC.:Beer
Bryan, IMO the official LVC beer is Killian's Irish Red:D

Members online

Back