Complete Car Paint job. 1993 Mark 8

BrooklynMark8

LVC Member
Reaction score
First I would like to say HI to everyone here on this site. I mostly post on Lincolns online forum.

Question: Paint Job. What should I be looking at as far as total cost on a quality paint job on this car.
I have several dings on the doors from people hitting my car when they open there doors. On the Roof in the center right above the rear windshield, there is a spot that the paint has been chipping off all the way down to the metal and there is no rust, it just keeps getting bigger each time I go through the car wash. On the drivers side rear quarter panel, there is a dent the size of a grapefruit. Small dent that I tried to pull out with a suction cup devise, that didnt work, I would have to remove the interier and hit it out with a rubber malet. *spelling* I know. :) Well that's about it, my car is Pearl White, Black Interior, and just turned 120k miles.

I live in Brooklyn New york, and if your not aware, they can really "RIP" you off in this area of the USA. So if anyone can give me any advise on this please do.

Thanks for any comments and I am looking forward to my stay here.

Brooklyn

this is what a 1000 doller paint job got me.

whatever 068.jpg

whatever 078.jpg

whatever 075.jpg

whatever 077.jpg

whatever 076.jpg

whatever 064.jpg

whatever 081.jpg

i was told by my buddy who paints show cars... door jams,sunroof, trunk and all.... with warranty... 4000-8000... depending on quality of the actual paint itself...

I'd say not to worry about getting it repainted if you live in Brooklyn. It will just end up getting side swiped, wrecked, or stolen. I have yet to see a car from Brooklyn that actually looked nice.

Thomas

Macco,$250 and it last ,but man it is a pain to sand off.This is if you do your own bodywork they even have a paint job for $189.Find a cool guy with a shop around town and see his work and negotiate on a good price betweem $700-$1500 with bodywork and paint

i have a 94 mark VIII in my shop right now that belongs to my buddies wife. i'm repainting it for $600
but thats cause he is a friend and owns two and gives me a ton of work. i painted his 93 mark VIII this past summer for $600 also. if it was someone off the street i wouldnt do the job im doing now for any less then 1500. but, i do my friends right i guess, he knows it too!! im actually masking the car right now, i came home for dinner then going back. by sunday it will be all fresh garnett red again!

I go wth macco just for the reason if i scratch it i dont care less.The 25+ plus cars i have had done by them i only had two sag drips and one missed spot and you can tell them about it and the will fix it if you are not happy,i had a car for three years with there paint job and it looked the same as it did the first day as i brought it home,i left this thing sit out all winter and drove it to hell and back and it shined,bodywork is the most important thing to having a nice paint job

im going to maaco in the coming weeks with my income tax return. Half price on the ambassador paint til march. I'm going blacked out instead of the ugly purple it came with

im going to maaco in the coming weeks with my income tax return. Half price on the ambassador paint til march. I'm going blacked out instead of the ugly purple it came with

ask them to see the car after they prep it before they paint it
make shure every thing is sanded good

Come to South Jersey and go with my Guy. Last of a breed he is, just him and his 85 year old Dad still, very old school shop does amazing work and is VERY cheap. In 01 he did the TerminVIIIor with custom made one off grill, handmade hood, blended my wing making me a true humpless Mark, stripped the doors off, popped the glass and all for only 3k.

b4nafterhood.jpg

b4nafterwing.jpg

b4naftergrill.jpg

There are a few old school guys around If you can find one they will kick a$$

Come to South Jersey and go with my Guy. Last of a breed he is, just him and his 85 year old Dad still, very old school shop does amazing work and is VERY cheap. In 01 he did the TerminVIIIor with custom made one off grill, handmade hood, blended my wing making me a true humpless Mark, stripped the doors off, popped the glass and all for only 3k.

I have one local he wont paint a full car anymore :(

Shoot me details on contacting those guys, and I'll gladly run my car out there for them to do the work!

Paint/materials alone can be $1K for those of us with Tri-Coats
(sealer, primer, base, pearl and clear).

Always better if you can remove things you dont want painted, mouldings, lights, grills, door locks, etc, etc. yourself. The prep is the hard work, painting is the fun part.

these are the two mark VIII's i just repainted. i dont do it for a living, but it can be fun, it can also suck, i have to be in the mood to do it, usually money in my face will put me in the mood.
the 93 is dark cranberry and the 94 is garnett red, i painted both to factory color.
jeffscarrepainted083.jpg

jeffscarrepainted082.jpg

melscarfinished001.jpg

melscarfinished013.jpg

i saw the terminVIIItor on the jersey turnpike back a few years ago when i still lived in massachusetts, we were in jersey buying a slot machine for our game room and i passed your car, if i remember correctly, you were also in a mm&ff magazine from a tru-street event with that same car in englishtown. car looks awesome.

Did I read the word slot Machines? I have 1/2 dozen or so now. Working on an old Winterbook Horse Racing consil from 1945 now. Hav done Drawbells, PAce Comets, Front OK vendors...Started doing them withh my Dad back in 70's, it was his hobby and it let me develope a love for mechanical things.

Sorry for the hijack.

Members online

No members online now.
Back