Compensation for pothole damage?

1sik32valve

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if its possible to get reimbursed by the city you live in for damage caused by lack of maintenance on the roadways? I had just went through this massive hole in the road, I mean it wasn't a pothole it was a fugging hole. I'm 6'2 and I'm sure it would go as far down as to half of my lower leg. It literally ate my wheel and tire it was so big around and deep. So now my alignment is off, just the toe. Since my wheel is pitched 45* to the right and I'm going straight. •___• so pissed.

I'm sure you'd win..... after you spent many times in legal fees what it would have cost you to call it a loss and fix your car yourself.

About 12 years ago a buddy of mine blew a tire & bent his wheel going over a pothole. He called the police from the site, advised of the danger so they came over, saw the damage & the city paid for a new tire. He only bought the wheel.

my city, and you should check yours, has codes relating to times of the year when they are exempt from this sort of damage due to the plowing of roads and various other things winter months. I don't know what weather is like by you but they may have it too. Otherwise you can do an accident report at the scene and put the city involved.

$$$

I asked my town hall if they paid for pot hole damage and was told they can pay as much as 90% of the damage. A lot of paperwork and BS. In Sanberdo that was a sinkhole not a pot hole. Call your town hall and ask them maybe you'll get lucky Good luck TONYyyy :D

Ask them, worse thing they can say is get bent.

Then contact the local news, your insurance(they may help you out if you try to claim it), and if you know anyone on the city council.

I think it's a great idea to call the police and report it as an accident because that's exactly what it is. Then you have it documented in a police report. In an accident, usually someone is to blame. If you couldn't avoid it, and it shouldn't have been there, then it clearly wasn't your fault, so it must be the city's fault.

i guy i work with had this problem 4-5 years back, he called the township and they covered the cost of the wheel and tire. He didnt have any suspension damage.

it's definately worth asking them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back