Community I need your help :(

OK, which of these handles is correct? One of them is off a '94 Continental with a V6 and the other is off a '96. The '96 has the stud thing. That's just grease on the white one. Chances are either one will work. I will send you one and keep the other for myself because my handle is acting up.

For the love of God how do you get these out without damaging the linkage or the door skin? I could not get the linkage to pop out at the bottom and had to force the handle out of the door and then disconnect the top of the linkage. The door lock was a pain too. I hope you didn't want the lock, but note that there is a difference between the two where the lock goes.

junkyarddoorhandles004.jpg

I have always just replaced the handle itself.. not the entire thing, i just pull the weight off the back and remove. install in reverse..

I'm still lost. You make it sound easy. When you say "the handle itself" Do you mean not the frame? If so, simply removing the weight would not be enough to remove the handle itself. It looks like I would need to remove the clips from both ends and push the pins out. Wouldn't that also be difficult to do while removing the handle from the car? Both were hard to remove, the counterweight one was just a little worse.

I'd like to know the easy way so when I do mine I don't damage anything.

So anyways, yes the one handle is thicker. Would you like just the handle, or the whole assy, or the whole assy minus the counter weight? Or do you want the other one, handle only or handle and frame?

I'm still lost. You make it sound easy. When you say "the handle itself" Do you mean not the frame? If so, simply removing the weight would not be enough to remove the handle itself. It looks like I would need to remove the clips from both ends and push the pins out. Wouldn't that also be difficult to do while removing the handle from the car? Both were hard to remove, the counterweight one was just a little worse.

I'd like to know the easy way so when I do mine I don't damage anything.

So anyways, yes the one handle is thicker. Would you like just the handle, or the whole assy, or the whole assy minus the counter weight? Or do you want the other one, handle only or handle and frame?

yes that's exactly what i was referring too. i have removed the springs, and pins and then installed while in the door. its a pita but very much achievable.

Sorry , I would like the entire assembly as i will remove the parts including the counter weight to replace the broken one i have .. thank you so much.

The door handle has shipped. Tell me how you go about painting it, if you do paint it. If I was knowledgeable about painting I would have painted it for you. Now that I think about it, if I could have bought a small amount of paint I could have sent it with the handle.

I appreciate it, i have a small bottle of touch up paint same color as my car, im just going to use that it wont look super clean but it will be close in color to mine thank you very much..
I appreciate your generosity..
Bill

Members online

No members online now.
Back