Cold air intake

ChiTownBoi

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
im looking to purchase a cold air intake for my Ls. i know K&N has the ford thunderbird i can install in my LS. im just wondering if theres any other good CAI systems out there and whats the HP output. im leaning towards the K&N..any ideas?

I'm assuing you have a Gen II V8? If so the K&N is your best bet. If you have a Gen I V8 there are a few options like the ASMI and Insys, both available on fleabay.

appreciate the info though always. i know the thunderbird K&N CAI is for a v8...should fit a v6 ls ?

It won't fit at all. Your best bet would be to cobble one up or.....

As The People's Republik changed the law, I have one sitting in the garage from my daughter's 2000. Let me see if she's willing to part with it. I'll get a pic later if she's willing.......

It won't fit at all. Your best bet would be to cobble one up or.....

As The People's Republik changed the law, I have one sitting in the garage from my daughter's 2000. Let me see if she's willing to part with it. I'll get a pic later if she's willing.......

oh ok..yea just let me know thanks

B/c the k&n for the ls8/thunderbird wouldnt reach to the "Cold zone" behind the light...your previous post said that it wouldnt fit? Possible.miscommunication?

Even if you hack one up to fit a v6 you wont notice much if any real HP gain. The benefit to the cold air intake is more sound than anything.

oh ok..yea just let me know thanks

She says she noticed it wasn't as quick on the rare occasion she got on the freeway. I reinstalled it and she will give me a report.

B/C the K&N for the LS8/Thunderbird wouldn't reach to the "Cold zone" behind the light...your previous post said that it wouldn't fit? Possible miscommunication?

You're right, the tube would be too short. I was thinking of the connections; which are all wrong.....

Well.... She likes having the intake back on. She's not sure if it is actually faster, but she does feel it's quicker.

good to hear. do you happen to have a picture of the intake ? at this point it looks like im going to have to make my own..since i havent been able to find any to buy online.

good to hear. do you happen to have a picture of the intake ? at this point it looks like I'm going to have to make my own..since i haven't been able to find any to buy online.

Here you go.... Also, on the end of the tube, under the filter is a "velocity stack".

Intake 1.jpg
Intake 2.jpg
Intake 2.jpg

Yea, I know it's dirty. I've been at her for almost a year to get it cleaned!

Intake 1.jpg

Intake 2.jpg

I was wondering if any of you guys tried retrofitting a 05+ CVPI airbox into the V-8's. They are the largest airboxes made on the Panther platform and have an integrated 80mm 6-pin slot-style MAF. Worth a shot.

-ryan s.

Members online

Back