Coil Question

pelphrey

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I know this topic has been discussed over and over again. Here is my problem haha.

The passenger side coils are exposed and ready to be replaced. I haven't got the last 7mm bolt out of the driver side yet, its a real pain. But thats another story. I bought a set of coils from a member off the forum and the contacts inside the coil he sent me are rounded while the coils in the car are more pointed. The top connector will not allow the plug to go in it due to the odd shape. Has anyone run into this before? And let me be the first to say I am not pointing the finger at the guy I got them from at all, this is of course is not his fault. And although I do have another vehicle to drive my LS is sitting in the garage taken apart so I want to get these in, but I don't want to force the plug on. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The Coil on the left is just like the other 7 I bought, the coil on the right is the one that come out of my car. Notice the contacts are different.

Coils.gif

are the part numbers the same?

BTW - the secret to the back lower bolt ...

DSCF2079.jpg

Quik -- they are coils I bought from ebay (globalautomotive). They took 3 weeks to show up and I ended up having to buy from Teamford. So I resold these to this fine gentleman, and now it seems the contacts aren't right. That's the deal.

I have a set of those here - I'll check them out tomorrow.

There was a part number change a few years ago - so often the one you pull out of the car are the older part number - but I never looked at the contacts to see if there was any difference.

are the part numbers the same?

BTW - the secret to the back lower bolt ...

no, the secret is using the right tools, get some swivel head sockets...
I fortunately have access to my brothers tools, ex-ford mechanic, has everything under the sun almost. I do like your safety strap though, very high tech.

I just received a set of coils from Global and had the exact same problem with the pin size and height of the coil body. What's up with these guys? Why do they keep selling the wrong stuff to people? I even emailed them to ask if they would fit my 2001 LS V8 "A" code engine and stated that numerous purchasers of their coils had posted problems with them. They emailed me back stating that this was rare and that I shouldn't have any problems. Meanwhile, I am stuck borrowing my Mom's car and waiting to hear from these #!^%ers.

coils and plugs on these cars suck! I have mine ripped apart right now too. I used a 1/4" drive air rachet with a stubby 7mm socket. If you have one of those, it may be your best friend!

I have the same set of coils and same problem with mine. It was all torn apart and I needed the car, so I put the plug in and used zip ties around the plug to draw it up as tight as I could. From what I could tell it looked like the connector in the new coils was too wide and not allowing the pins to connect. I did this over 2 months ago and have not had a problem with them. Just thought I would offer it up as a solution to get the car going.

Ryan

Members online

No members online now.
Back