Code P0108

DHicks

LVC Member
Reaction score
Any help would be appreciated! My check engine light came on, so I took it to Autozone to have the code read. it gave a P0108, so I replaced the MAF sensor and reset the computer to clear the code. The light came back on, so I took it back to have the code pulled again and it gave the same code. I checked vaccum hoses, all the electrical connections and the light is still on. I'm not sure what else to check or if it may be a symptom for another problem. Thanks again for your help!

Why did you replace the MAF for this code? The code is for the MAP, which is in the EGR assembly, not the MAF assembly.

While it could be a bad EGR assembly, it is more likely to be the vacuum line assembly going to it. It has three molded hard tube lines, two to the EGR and one to the fuel pressure sensor. Some of these get very hard and brittle and will break if you look at them wrong. Check yours. You can get the tube assembly for about $40, or you can try to patch yours with soft lines of the correct diameter.

If it is the EGR, I would go ahead and order the tube assembly too. Here are the part numbers.

3W4Z-9D475-AC EGR valve assembly $112

3W4Z-9E498-BA Connector (the three vacuum hose assembly) $35

I changed the MAF because it was listed as a probable cause by the code reader at autozone. Obviously if i don't need it, I can return it. I will check the molded hard lines tonight. Thanks.

Some of these get very hard and brittle and will break if you look at them wrong. Check yours. You can get the tube assembly for about $40, or you can try to patch yours with soft lines of the correct diameter.

I tried a couple of dealers around here (Lincoln & Ford) and they both said unavailable so I was forced to go the soft line route. I wasn't happy at first as I like to replace parts with the factory originals whenever possible. Then I figured with the soft lines I won't have to think about replacing them anytime soon! I can also work around the area and not be concerned about breaking the hard lines.

I tried a couple of dealers around here (Lincoln & Ford) and they both said unavailable so I was forced to go the soft line route. I wasn't happy at first as I like to replace parts with the factory originals whenever possible. Then I figured with the soft lines I won't have to think about replacing them anytime soon! I can also work around the area and not be concerned about breaking the hard lines.

Ford Parts Giant has them. I just ordered and installed one a couple of weeks ago.

Is it this???

**4Z-9C490-BM

No, it's the 3W4Z-9E498-BA.

I think that the other one (9C490) is the one with the check valve for the brake booster.

Yep.

a000548304_ebay.jpg

No, it's the 3W4Z-9E498-BA.

I think that the other one (9C490) is the one with the check valve for the brake booster.

Yep.

Thanks! I'll probably need it soon enough for my wife's '06!

Thanks! I'll probably need it soon enough for my wife's '06!

The one on my 04 is still fine. The one on my 06 fell apart when I went to make some comparison measurements. (I am intermittently getting P0108 on the 04. After a lot of testing, I am replacing its EGR valve, if they ever ship it.)

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, on the connection to the EGR, does the black vacuum tube go on the top connection or does the red go on top?

Any idea on those hose locations on a Gen I? I thinks it's green on top of EGR, but I've seen some with the red hose.

Got a P0108 today. Has just the hose assembly fixed this for anyone or should I just go egr assembly and the hose assembly? Any specific easy way of testing either?

In my case, it was the EGR valve assembly. The hose assembly was okay until I removed the valve. I had to replace both. The EGR valve assembly came with a new gasket. The gasket is metal and would have been reuseable if it had not came with a new one.

Quick question, would a cracked PCV hose throw the same code? part# 3W4Z6853AA

Probably not, but if it is cracked it needs to be replaced. You might as well do that first and see what happens.

Little update on this. Had my friend replace the egr assembly and lines, fixed the code. He also took off the coolant line from the thermostat housing not knowing it was under pressure and showered the engine with coolant.

I asked him if he bled it and he didn't. It was the highest line, I think going to the degas. Not the throttle body hose.

It's been fine for about 100 miles. Should I still bleed the system?

Oh, and new belt is ordered...

Members online

No members online now.
Back