Cobra ?

Which was purchased by a man who resided in the netherlands. It was subsequently purchased back by ford and now resides in the Henry Ford Museum.

AHD said:
Which was purchased by a man who resided in the netherlands. It was subsequently purchased back by ford and now resides in the Henry Ford Museum.
Henry Ford Museum is a few minutes away from my house!

I had an "old time" picture taken on a metal plate with my grandparents and uncle at the Henry Ford Museum.

56 posts! My old football number.

Next Q; Did Mercury ever put out a truck something like Lincoln's Blackwood or Mark LT?

torquemonkey said:
I had an "old time" picture taken on a metal plate with my grandparents and uncle at the Henry Ford Museum.

56 posts! My old football number.

Next Q; Did Mercury ever put out a truck something like Lincoln's Blackwood or Mark LT?
Recently no idea, but the first Mercury truck was a 1946 Mercury half ton

1946mercweb01.gif

Two for two! Well done Pepperman. I like the photo.

Hmmm, . . . What to quiz next . . . Maybe . . . What high profile Italian car company did Ford try to buy back in the sixties? Naw, too easy.

Q;What is the legend behind how the "Torino" had gotten its name?

MsM8! MsM8! Don't be late! Your answer here would be great!

ACtually you folks are wrong about the Mustang. The first PRODUCTION Mustang had a 6, but the first mustang was a white with two blue ford heritage stripes and had a 4 cylinder. It looked nothing like the Mustang of which you think of. It was a two seat mid engine car in the spirit of european roadsters.

1962_prototype_08_t.jpg

Did you also know that the original 64 1/2 Mustang was actually called the Mustang II before they ever came out with the 1975 mustang?

torquemonkey said:
Two for two! Well done Pepperman. I like the photo.

Hmmm, . . . What to quiz next . . . Maybe . . . What high profile Italian car company did Ford try to buy back in the sixties? Naw, too easy.

Q;What is the legend behind how the "Torino" had gotten its name?

MsM8! MsM8! Don't be late! Your answer here would be great!

The Link will answer the Question - http://www.dearbornclassics.com/torino.html

pepperman said:

Yes, that is the history of the car. But who created the name? Why? Think of this in the theme of the original question posted by MsM8,about the Cobra. I left a hint in my last post, albeit a small one. It points to the direction of the legend.

I had built a '72 formal roof w/a 351C 4V Cobra jet. I ran across the tale in my research.

torquemonkey said:
Yes, that is the history of the car. But who created the name? Why? Think of this in the theme of the original question posted by MsM8,about the Cobra. I left a hint in my last post, albeit a small one. It points to the direction of the legend.

I had built a '72 formal roof w/a 351C 4V Cobra jet. I ran across the tale in my research.

Battista Pininfarina created the name and the story of the legend is in the linkhttp://www.speedace.info/pininfarina.htm

As I have come to understand the Torino name legend, is this; Henry Ford's [II] wife was form Torino Italy, the car was named in part to honor her.

Members online

No members online now.
Back