Cobra ?

i have always thought that since the cobra is one of the fastest striking, most deadly snakes in the world, they thought it would be an aggressive name for what is supposed to be a great muscle car.

am i right am i right?

Nakoa said:
i have always thought that since the cobra is one of the fastest striking, most deadly snakes in the world, they thought it would be an aggressive name for what is supposed to be a great muscle car.

am i right am i right?
:I

Goldberg on "Automaniac" reported that Carroll would go to bed with a note pad by the bed to catch those "midnight" ideas that sometimes get lost by morning. As legend goes . . . he awoke one day and found the word "Cobra" written on his paper! It was for his penned for his AC Cobra. And the legend goes on . . .

The original British aluminum (al-u-minum) body less chassis, weighed 85lbs. WOWSERS!

Salute Torque!!! Hottie Your Smokin Hot!!!! Dead on it! Isn't that something...Ive heard so many people do that Im gonna try it startin tonight....hehehe look for my book this time next year!!!! lolololo

SEE RICH! "quote"The original British aluminum (al-u-minum) body less chassis, weighed 85lbs. WOWSERS!" end quote

Yes, it weighed 58 lbs.

Shelby used to race till he was 37 Dr told him heart was not good....ummm broked heart drove a man to create that tantilizing engine....yummmm

MsM8

MsM8

YOU ARE CORRECT!
Give yourself, twenty dollars and buy yourself something nice.

Bob Tasca, a Ford dealer who had a history of experimenting with Ford big-blocks for his dealership-sponsored race cars. He had been involved in the Thunderbolt program back in 1964. His cars had been very successful, and word on the street was Tasca’s cars were working very well. Ford execs got the word. Tasca had bolted 427 Low Riser cylinder heads on the 428, which really woke up this mill and gave it much better breathing capability while retaining the low-end torque the big FE was already noted for. The big-block Chevy had the edge in breathing ability, but this move closed the gap between the two engines a great deal. According to the excellent Boss and Cobra Jet Mustangs by Dr. John Craft, this is how the Cobra Jet was born.

But who came up with the name? And why? How? Is it as interesting as Carroll's story?

I had mis-spoken above; the weight of the AC Cobra aluminum body was 50lbs. Thanks MsM8, for catching that.

MarkVIII93 said:
I have a question for you! What does the 40 in "GT40" stand for?

Thus Ford began working closely with the Lola company, the resulting car was named GT40 after the Gran Turismo category it was intended to compete in (in fact the car was never homologated in GT) and its overall height of 40 inches (1.02 m) measured at the windscreen.

Next!

torquemonkey said:
Thus Ford began working closely with the Lola company, the resulting car was named GT40 after the Gran Turismo category it was intended to compete in (in fact the car was never homologated in GT) and its overall height of 40 inches (1.02 m) measured at the windscreen.

Next!

BINGO!
Next question! Who was the first of the big three to have an overhead cam engine?

MarkVIII93 said:
BINGO!
Next question! Who was the first of the big three to have an overhead cam engine?

? ford with it 427 SOHC that made GM and Dodge run and cry to Nascar that it wasnt fair and keep it out .

torquemonkey said:
I'm not following you on this one. I was asking about the "Cobra-Jet" name as a whole. As you pointed out about Bob Tasca, developing the FE variant. Who named it?
I read the question wrong!!!!

Here's one, how many cylinders did the first Mustang have? What color was it?

MAllen82 said:
Here's one, how many cylinders did the first Mustang have? What color was it?

The first Mustang to roll off the assembly line had a - 170 C. I. 6 cylinder
and the color was white!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back