cobra swap ?s

As well as many many other parts. Frank..show him the pic.

As well as many many other parts. Frank..show him the pic.
Here you go LOL If you have a Gen 2 you don't need all these parts. You will also need IMRC's if you have a gen 1.
003.jpg

If you have to ask if you need the upper and lower manifold you probably shouldnt be doing the cobra intake yet, and on a stock or near stock car its gonna kill your bottom end if your car isnt set up for it yet, you need gears and a stall first to really make that intake work its best from what i understand, and also, if your car is a gen 1 i wouldnt worry as much about doing it like i would on a gen 2. you see, the gen 1 has a better flowing intake (much better actually) from the factory then a gen 2 mark does, the gen 1 hasa 16 runner intake where as the gen 2 has an 8 runner intake, the gen 2s have been known to drop .3-.5 on their e.ts with the proper set up when switching to the cobra intake. But there is alot involved in changing it, its way different than putting an edelbrock intake on a carbd 302 or something more basic like that, this is atleast a day long project i would imagine

BTW for Gen IIs, you can still have the IMRC work how they are from factory with the cobra intake, right?

Yes, as far as i know, with the gen 1 you are gonna need to replace your IMRC with gen 2 IMRC im prettyy sure, but instead of dealing with all this if your doing the cobra intake swap, you should already have gears and a nice stall, so if you do i would just buy IMRC delete plates and be done with them, no more carbon buildup sticking them shut or partially open, and no more additional valve guide wear because of all that bs carbon buildup they get, ask people that have cleaned their IMRCs before, they are usually absolutley filthy and CAKED with carbon. alot of people say the IMRC delete isnt always the best route because it will take away some from your bottom end, but if you already have gears and a nice stall it really shouldnt be an issue, and its worth some decent hp in the upper RPMs from what i understand

Also instead of buying IMRC delete plate, you can just remove the plates from your IMRCs with a tiny Phillips

Sapperfire - idk how true this is or not, but ive heard of engine failures resulting from home made IMRC delete plates, Ever heard of this? id rather just spend 300$ and get the ones from MMR

Sapperfire - idk how true this is or not, but ive heard of engine failures resulting from home made IMRC delete plates, Ever heard of this? id rather just spend 300$ and get the ones from MMR

Don't fill the inner shaft holes. Just outer. Most likely they are filling the inner holes and the plug of JB weld falls out into engine, bending a valve. Thats the only thing that can happen with homemade ones. Its ok you can spend 300 for Alum ones where plastic ones are better for non heat transfer.

I think Sapper is saying to just remove the plates from the shaft leaving the shaft in place therefore not requiring JB weld or anything. Holes still sealed and nothing to fall out or fall in.

Members online

No members online now.
Back