cobra intake.

ford nut

Local nut case
Reaction score
$280
He has been trying to sell since June.

I bet hes ready to take less.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...32-96-98-cobra-intake-manifold-low-miles.html

IMG_2516.gif

It looks like crap for the supposedly "low miles" he says it has. It also doesn't come with anything else that you'd want/need.

I'd have to get it down to about $200 shipped before I'd even think about it...

Gen 1 Cobra intake install

Have a opportunity to upgrade to Cobra Intake. Can anyone help me on all the parts I need to do this swap.

Have a opportunity to upgrade to Cobra Intake. Can anyone help me on all the parts I need to do this swap.

From someone who has done it.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=370399&postcount=16

The swap is easy but it's a lot of work. Stock hood won't fit without big k member spacers and shaved intake hat or removed 2nd ply of hood material (after removing the hoodliner). D.R. won't tell you all the tricks, but it doesn't fit under stock hood without serious chopping ... been there done that on three different ocassions. IMRCs are solved with a simple relay, no need for the window switch. Use 2nd gen throttle cable, relocate the cruise module and reuse it's cable. Redo the wiring to go around the intake, delete unnecessary vac tubes and ports, scratch EGR, and GET A TUNE or it will run funny.

That isn't a lot for the price. I will be putting mine up for $400 soon but it has IMRC delete plates, throttle body, IAC, Cobra fuel lines, Cobra EGR and EGR tube and Intake tube.

Its worth about $200 I was guessing.
How come your selling and not installing?

That isn't a lot for the price. I will be putting mine up for $400 soon but it has IMRC delete plates, throttle body, IAC, Cobra fuel lines, Cobra EGR and EGR tube and Intake tube.

Gave up, huh?

Gave up, huh?

i dont blame him, it is like solving a puzzle. what is the deal with the solenoid thing to control the 2nd gen imrc on a first gen car. any detailed info on this would be much appreciated.

Its worth about $200 I was guessing.
How come your selling and not installing?

I bought a 2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4 with a 6 speed manual and 4.0 V6 and have a few plans for it. That and a few other non related projects (Pac Man machine restore) are taking my time and energy.

i dont blame him, it is like solving a puzzle. what is the deal with the solenoid thing to control the 2nd gen imrc on a first gen car. any detailed info on this would be much appreciated.
The merits of installing cobra manifold are questionable on a gen1 for the work and cost involved.

I bought a 2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4 with a 6 speed manual and 4.0 V6 and have a few plans for it. That and a few other non related projects (Pac Man machine restore) are taking my time and energy.

Cool, those Pac man machines can be worth some cash when finished.
If you want to sell the Cobra fuel lines or delete plates separate, send me a pm.

I have decided to back off with the cobra intake. Just going to rebuild my engine next year. Add on some surprises.

Lost interest. Since I bought my new truck I have decided to go in other directions and may sell the Mark.

well if you ever decide to sell it sell it, you got to let me know first. LOL, because im local.

So I keep seeing different answers. What are the returns on a 2nd gen? I have one but am unsure I want to f with it

Staff online

Members online

Back