Cobra intake questions

MarkVIIIS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm gonna be putting my cobra intake in soon also deleting the imrc's probably gonna go with mmr's setup. Before I ask question ill list wuts done so far
Vortech running about 7.5psi
Lightning maf
Kooks headers
Lms xpipe and mufflers
Blue oval chips shift kit
4.10's
Dirty dog 3k stall convertor
Methanol not working yet but will be when intake is installed
Gasket matched stock intake manifold

My question is should I gasket match the cobra intake I did to the stock one but not sure if it did anything or if I even did a good job and if there's any other upgrades I should do while everything's apart

I'm also gonna add an oil catch can for the crankcase ventilation my question is should I add to the pcv on the drivers side and to the ventilation on the passenger side

I also have a march ram air kit that I was wondering if the air box would be restrictive with the s/c

I would add one to both sides with the SC on the car.
I have a set of the MMR deletes in the garage, I'll see if I can get a picture of the port size compared to the cobra intake; I don't think I have a gasket here to compare it to. If I remember correctly the MMR plates are opened up quite a bit.

X2 you want to keep oil out of supercharger inlet and out of the intake from PCV. The March ram air box you will have to cut open your engine compartment wall and will have to cut the rad support area in corner out too. Then you would have to make "S" tube from it to super. With super you are forcing the air no need for box really, just put filter in fender.

Some matching could be done but it wouldn't take much.

20130517_150641.jpg

20130517_150253.jpg

20130517_150329.jpg

20130517_150451.jpg

20130517_150619.jpg

20130517_150626.jpg

Can anyone tell me how much clearance there is on a gen 2 with the cobra manifold because I was wondering if I should buy that spacer they sell for the cobra intake

I think the hood needs a slight modification as it is - stock hood with the Cobra intake. With an intake spacer you will need to space the K-member an equal or greater amount.

Can anyone tell me how much clearance there is on a gen 2 with the cobra manifold because I was wondering if I should buy that spacer they sell for the cobra intake

Yes. And that's without the stock underhood pad.

HPIM2726.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back