cobra head swap and supercharger?

Personally, unless you are going to a 2.3 or larger twin screw with a cooler I'd stick with the B heads..Get an intake and a snail /w a cooler to go on the front; traction is going to be an issue and with a PD set up the torque comes on like a monster.
Just my thoughts.

I make a ton of power with 10.5 to 1 compression and have no problems. It's all in the tune. Dropping to low compression is old school. Check out some of the west coast racers.

I make a ton of power with 10.5 to 1 compression and have no problems. It's all in the tune. Dropping to low compression is old school. Check out some of the west coast racers.

+1
Have you seen the compression ratio on the new Mazda skyactiv ?

If you are going to build a mod motor for boost, don't drop the compression. Contrary to what was said earlier in this thread, these motors love compression. 10.5:1 is a great compression ratio for the street and moderate boost.

Guess their are always opinions.

10.5:1 is what I was planning on doing and running 16psi. But I am nuts and was gonna use great parts.
If you use a cheap forged piston and try to run that boost at that CR then you will melt a piston.
I also know WAY too many high HP Cobra guys to see what does and does not work. Cobra has forged pistons (o3/04) and at stock compression if you wanna run over 650 RWHP it will require E85 or they melt.
Ofcourse that changes when they switch to twin turbos. Then you see them able to spin the rollers to 1100rwhp on stock pistons and E85.
Positive displacement blowers are nice but they eat a lot of power to spin and build heat quick.

cobra is easier to afford and a better foundation IMO. Motor will be in the 20k with supporting mods to fuel system and driveline. I am not gonna spend 40k just to buy the damn car. A nice termi can be had for 20k or less.

There are guys out there that have done the gt500s with two hairdryers and a KB. They just dropped more money on the purchase price of the car. If I could scoop one up for 20k or less I would build one. However I may have found a 04 cobra that is perfect for what I want to do. It has an auto and solid axel swap and only 2300 miles. Guy wants about 10k more than what I wanna spend. But it would save me some money in the long run. Fuel system is already done and so is the cage and subframes. All it really needs is two turbos. Its focking yellow though.

There is a guy in VA that does F150 work who is also a mark enthusiast. he did a job like this for a customer, and after all the "didn't works" and unexpected crap he dealt with, they ended up spending 15k to go with heads and a blowzilla. So, bottom line, do you want to put 15k in the engine bay of a $4k car? If you have the means, then by god do it! You'll have a badass mark. But then you can also expect that you wouldn't get more than 6-8k for it if you sold it and were lucky.

Thats pretty much any modded car. You can buy em cheaper than you can build em. You never get your money back on any high dollar build when you go to sell it.

Members online

Back