cobra brake question

keVIIIn

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have my hubs all swapped over now and am in the process of putting the brakes together. I have the 13" cobra rotors with the dual piston cobra calipers. Looking at the old caliper compared to the cobras, the flex line fitting looks different from stock caliper to the cobra caliper. Does anyone have a pic or know the correct fitting I need to attach the cobra caliper to the stock mark viii brake line flex hose?

Stock MK8 flex hose go right on cobra calipers. BUT you have to grind a 45 on the pass side, end of the flex hose that bolts to caliper. I prefer to mill my caliper for clearance.
If you look at 4th pic down in my post you can see how I machine caliper.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...Cobra-Brembo-rotor-and-Mach-1-caliper-install

Ok I see what you did, hopefully I can achieve this with the bench grinder, I don't need it pretty..just functional. Thanks!

Do you mean the end of the stock hose or the banjo fitting?

I meant the banjo fitting at the end of the flex line. I haven't removed the brake like from the old caliper yet so wasn't sure if it would fit right on the cobra caliper or not.

Just make sure you don't grind into the flat sealing area on both sides of the end of the brake hose.

After looking at it I might wait and just have my dad bring the caliper to work and mill it like you did Frank.

Here's what I have so far, teaser..

20131202_135351_zps73251ccf.jpg

20131202_135406_zps58a4af61.jpg

i got around this whole issue by using spinning wheels super coupe stainless brake lines.

yeah, I got the driver's side all done and put together, had some trouble with trying to use the stock mark viii banjo bolt in the cobra caliper, turned out to be too long and it was bottoming out causing leaks, thankfully the cobra calipers came with a shorter bolt to use. But I ended up getting brake fluid all over the caliper and ruined the paint I just sprayed on it..sigh..oh well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back