Clock spring help (pics)

Clock spring or wiring?

Any suggestions as to what tests can be done to detect possible wiring breakage etc 'before' replacing the clock spring? (Intermittent code 32 bag light and intermittent cruise control at the same time on '98 Mark VIII LSC. Thanks for comments.

^^^^^
I dont know about testing anything but I can tell you that how mine started messing up.......so You are probally gonna need one soon......

2001LS8Sport said:
This is a comment that I get from many that are uneducated as to the processes of an automotive computer system. I hear it all the time..."just pull the code and replace what it says is bad". Well, it almost NEVER works like that. What a DTC does is tell you that a certain parameter of a certain system has fallen outside the parameters set by the manufacturer when they programmed the ECM. For example, if you get a code showing an O2 sensor is lean, this hardly means the O2 sensor is bad...as is common thought. In fact, the O2 sensor may be working perfectly. You could have a vacuum leak, dirty injectors, plugged fuel filter, failing pump, lot of things...including a bad O2 sensor. It is up to YOU to diagnose the problem and find out what the cause is. That is why a good tech is invaluable and makes a ton of money...and why a bad tech has such a hard time and gives many a bad rep.

You are so right and I am glad you pointed that out. I worked for NAPA through college and I don't know how many people wasted their money buying parts because Autozone's scanner said a sensor was bad. Then they would come to us (because the "zone" here sucks and never had parts) They would buy the sensor even when we told them that there was probably something causing the sensor to read bad (like a vacuum leak causing an O2 code) and then get griped at becuase they thought our part was defective.

Members online

Back