Clinton could have stopped 9/11

Oh wait...you're right...here's a pic of some Iraqi's protesting the damage we've done to their education system.

077.jpg

RRocket said:
Prior to Americas involvement in Iraq, Iraq possesed one of the finest educational systems in the region. This was due in part because the was so much demand required for all of the oil related industries from the region, and the spin-off jobs those provided. Iraq's higher education comprised of 20 Universities and 45 techincal institutes, over 175 of what Americans would call community colleges, and approximately 20 research centres. As in America, every "province" in Iraq has it's own universities and colleges. Nearly 50% or enrolled students are women, which is among the highest of any Arab country. Also, Iraq had over 20 colleges dedicated solely to the training of teachers, again, among the highest in the middle east. Iraq really placed an emphasis on technical education and skilled trades. Engineering graduates are among the highest of the region also. Teacher to student ratio is again, among the highest in the region, and some of the best in the world. As few a 1:4 (In the Iraqui private schools), but the University average is approximately 1:15 At one time, tuition to Iraqi Universities was FREE! So enrollent had always been high in Iraq.

IF THEIR EDUCATION SYSTEM WAS SO GREAT... WHY DO THEY HAVE SO MANY STUDENTS ON EDUCATION VISAS HERE IN THE US???????????????
IF WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE, WHY ARE NOT OTHER NATIONS LOOKING TO SEND THEIR KIDS TO IRAQUI UNIVERSITIES? PLEASE DUDE... EVER WONDER WHY STUDENT TO TEACHER RATIO IS ONE OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD? I'M SURE YOUR STUDY WAS FOCUSED ON WHAT THEY HAD, BUT NOT COMPARABLE TO US UNIVERSITIES... AGAIN IF SO? THEN WHY DO STUDENTS COME FROM AROUND THE WORLD TO ATTEND US UNIVERSITIES?
PREPARE TO BE OWNED???? WHAT A SMUG WISEASS YOU ARE......

Yeah, I like that "prepare to be owned"...

I try to never use that phrase because it is just overused...that and I can always be shown that I am wrong.

Just not today...not by him...

The way you use Baghdad to represent conditions in the whole country is a joke. That's like saying that since Mexico City has 20 million people, Mexico must be the most populated nation on Earth!

Of course Saddam took care of Baghdad. He lived there, after all. As number one poo-bah king despot, he wasn't going to slum, now, was he? But what about the rest of the country? Crap.

Finally, your argument does nothing to refute my original contention that WE didn't go in there and lay the civilian country waste like General Sherman in the Civil War. We didn't destroy schools and hospitals. Many of them were in states of disrepair and neglect, and that's backed up by data shown by your own liberal press!

fossten said:
Once again, (sigh) read up on the UN resolutions that led up to Iraq. It clearly explains how we went to war. :sleep:

No, it was WMD, WMD WMD. Remember? Short term memory loss?? Did I forget to mention we invaded Iraq because of WMD!!

fossten said:
So you know personally what OBL wanted and what he was thinking? Wow, what an amazing man you must be! (sarcastic)

Yeah, that must be it. That and the fact that OBL said that to a reporter HIMSELF!

fossten said:
It tells me that we are fighting a war with terrorists, and the battleground happens to be on Iraqi soil (which is way better than fighting it on our own soil), and you just proved it.

Nope, the "terrorists", for the most part, were NOT in Iraq until we attracted them there. Now all the Islamic extremists terrorists are converging on our troops on their own turf (the sandbox), where THEY have the ADVANTAGE! I'm not arguing the point that it's better to have that battle there rather than here, ONLY that GW under-manned, under-prepared, under-planned, under-equipped our troops to do that job, and in essence sent them on a suicide mission. Way to go G-dub!

fossten said:
That is where you are INcorrect. Iraqi schools and hospitals were in shambles before we got there, and there were mass graves as well. The army wasn't even being paid, which is why it was so easy to defeat them. Geez. Johnny, you don't even bother to check the facts before you post. It's so easy to refute your statements it's actually boring.
Who's talking about schools and hospitals? I'm talking about all the bombed-out homes and buisnesses. Who can think about school when you don't have a bed to sleep in at night? And RRocket has a valid point. Iraq was NOT a 3rd world country. If our goal is to "rebuild countries in need", there are MANY countries in much more need of our help than Iraq. How hypocritical of the right to pat themselves on the back for "rebuilding a country in need" when they really didn't need, nor ask us for help, then turn around and maintain the attitude of "screw the lazy, jobless, homeless asses" here in our own country.

Nope, the "terrorists", for the most part, were NOT in Iraq until we attracted them there. Now all the Islamic extremists terrorists are converging on our troops on their own turf (the sandbox), where THEY have the ADVANTAGE! I'm not arguing the point that it's better to have that battle there rather than here, ONLY that GW under-manned, under-prepared, under-planned, under-equipped our troops to do that job, and in essence sent them on a suicide mission. Way to go G-dub!

HAHA, that's funny Johnny, but did you know that Zarqawi has been running terrorist cells in about 5 other countries from Iraq for many years before the war?? Check your facts buddy.

Who's talking about schools and hospitals? I'm talking about all the bombed-out homes and buisnesses. Who can think about school when you don't have a bed to sleep in at night? And RRocket has a valid point. Iraq was NOT a 3rd world country. If our goal is to "rebuild countries in need", there are MANY countries in much more need of our help than Iraq. How hypocritical of the right to pat themselves on the back for "rebuilding a country in need" when they really didn't need, nor ask us for help, then turn around and maintain the attitude of "screw the lazy, jobless, homeless asses" here in our own country.

Fact is, it was a 3rd world country besides the capitol because that's where the Suuni's were. Where did you get all this info on all the wonderful things that went on back when Saddam was the glorious ruler? Were the power plants built next to or on top of the mass graves?? Were the control rooms adjacent to the rape and torture rooms?? I forget, can you tell me please? You may disagree with the war, and that's fine, but atleast get out of this stupid fantasy world. NO ONE HAS EVER SAID IRAQ WAS BETTER OFF WITH SADDAM!!! No one but ultra ultra left wing nut jobs. Truth is most lefties, even though they hate the war, can concede it's good we got Saddam out of power. YOU guys are so off base, you're not even part of the DNC. Go back to Canada or something.

MAllen82 said:
That'as laughable at best. It's a knwn fact that before the war most cities besides baghdad didn't have electricity o running water most of the time. The hospitals were horrible, and the only people who got anything were Bathists and Sunnis. Everyone else was left to dry. I don't know where you got this information from, but it's sounds pretty bogus to me. Not to mention the fact that there was a UN embargo on the country so that all the money coming in for oil was for the oil for food program. You really make me laugh with your research. Fossten really hit it on the head, saying you guys thoguht it was Malibu. Gimme a break.

My statements are all true and absolutely correct. Prior to US involvement in Iraq (which is pre-Gulf war 1, 2, and this time around) Iraq was among the top in both education and health in the Middle East. You don't have to believe me. If you think it is so "bogus" YOU do the research. I did mine and I stand by what I said. It's 100% correct. As far as Iraquis schooling in the US, big deal. Our biggest foreign student body here by far are Americans...does that mean US higher education is in shambles beacsue they come here? Certainly not, although our higher education institutions are superior to many in the US. And as far as the "Malibu", the people who are our friends lived in Iraq for years and years...and not in any foxholes. Iraq was beautiful. I'd scan the pictures from them and post them here, but no doubt they'd be called "fakes" or something. There is nothing fabricated in anything I post. It's your opinion if you choose to think it's BS. Ask your fearless leader Bryan. He has known me for sometime and I think he'll tell you I'm no liar....At any rate, you're free to believe whatever you want.

Iraq itself is/was a beautiful country. That's absolutely true. But its people were living under the fear of oppression, racial divisions, a despot ruler, genocide, and political mass murder.

Johnny misses the point again. WMD was the issue, but Saddam's countless violations of U.N. resolutions was the reason we went to Iraq.
The way you Fiberals talk, it's like you want us to lose the Iraq war.

MAllen82 said:
Go back to Canada or something.
MAllen82, I'm chuckling at that one. Ron (RRocket) IS from Canada.
icon10.gif
Send him back, heck, he already is in prison.

As for Ron, he is a good guy. A little left of center but a good guy.

As for the quality of life provided by Saddam for all, I cannot make an opinion.

If Ron says there were good schools and hospitals, I am sure there were.

But what is good? And what are the standards we are comparing to when a statements like "Iraq was among the top in both education and health in the Middle East" are made? I don't know myself. Seems to me one can be the biggest goldfish in the fish bowl but be the smallest fish when out in the sea.

Would I go to Iraq for healthcare or send my kids there to go to school? No thanks.

I would say that we as Americans have not been afforded the true picture from the media. What I see are lots of broken cement and concrete and people running around with 3rd hand clothes on.

My opinion is Iraq is far better off without Saddam and Iraqis would already be enjoying a 'western style' quality of life if not for the terrorists bombings and sabotage at every turn.

We will rebuild Iraq. It will be envy of the Middle East. They will become our friend. They will pump their oil for us. They will join the rest of the world in fighting muslim extremism. If only we don't roll over and listen to people like Cindy Sheehan (nutjob) and Russ Feingold (Wisconsin Senator). These are people readily willing to accept defeat for America. They feel if we lose, others will win. And that is the furthest from the truth.

MonsterMark said:
MAllen82, I'm chuckling at that one. Ron (RRocket) IS from Canada.
icon10.gif
Send him back, heck, he already is in prison.

jesuslandMAP.jpg

I'm glad I live in Jesusland!

MAllen82 said:
HAHA, that's funny Johnny, but did you know that Zarqawi has been running terrorist cells in about 5 other countries from Iraq for many years before the war?? Check your facts buddy.

SO? Did I claim that Iraq was "terrorist free"?? Check your reading comprehension buddy.

Its pathetic how the RWWs here continue to pat themselves on the back for "making progress in Iraq", based on how much "rebuilding" is going on. BFD. That's a pretty lame yardstick to use to measure "progress". REAL progress in Iraq is measured by a reduction in the rate that our soldiers are dying. And it ain't happening yet! It's WAY past time for BuSh to fish or cut bait. Perpetuating the status-quo in Iraq is only resulting in an ever increasing number of American soldier's deaths.

USfatalities.gif

JohnnyBz00LS said:
REAL progress in Iraq is measured by a reduction in the rate that our soldiers are dying. And it ain't happening yet!
I have watched many of the Mulsim terrorist videos where they glorify the sniper shootings and IED bombings. The fact that we have 150,000 guys on the ground of there, many sitting ducks, I thank God everyday that more are not dying at the hands of these godless people.

The United States murder rate is higher per capita than that of Iraq. Why aren't you protesting against our own citizens who kill each other at a much higher rate than almost anywhere in the world.

Here is an interesting chart.
Eventually, if you kill enough of the bad guys, crime goes down. Interesting.

execute.JPG

JohnnyBz00LS said:
O? Did I claim that Iraq was "terrorist free"?? Check your reading comprehension buddy.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
Nope, the "terrorists", for the most part, were NOT in Iraq until we attracted them there. Now all the Islamic extremists terrorists are converging on our troops on their own turf.

Yes, I need to check my reading comprehension. Thanks buddy!!!

So Johnny, is it good that there are no rape and torture rooms and no mass graves anymore?? Is it bad that they are voting and are living free? Just answer those two questions with a simple yes or no, and then you can go on a tireade of how stupid I am.

JohnnyBz00LS said:
SO? Did I claim that Iraq was "terrorist free"?? Check your reading comprehension buddy.

Its pathetic how the RWWs here continue to pat themselves on the back for "making progress in Iraq", based on how much "rebuilding" is going on. BFD. That's a pretty lame yardstick to use to measure "progress". REAL progress in Iraq is measured by a reduction in the rate that our soldiers are dying. And it ain't happening yet! It's WAY past time for BuSh to fish or cut bait. Perpetuating the status-quo in Iraq is only resulting in an ever increasing number of American soldier's deaths.

Ooo, Johnny, I'm impressed. This is the most pathetic thing you've done. You've proven that you and your anti-war Clinton-types are the paper tiger bin Laden spoke of. You people have never had the stomach for any casualties. So we've lost 2,000 soldiers? Egads! What do we do? You, my friend, can take the below list and wad it into a paper ball and swallow it!

BTW, the bloodiest war ever in terms of deaths for the US was WWII, run by, yep, you guessed it, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, a DEMOCRAT!

*owned* It's getting easier and easier.

America's Wars: U.S. Casualties and Veterans

American Revolution (1775–1783)

Total servicemembers

Battle deaths

Nonmortal woundings

War of 1812 (1812–1815)

Total servicemembers

Battle deaths

Nonmortal woundings

Indian Wars (approx. 1817–1898)

Total servicemembers

Battle deaths

Mexican War (1846–1848)

Total servicemembers

Battle deaths

Other deaths in service (nontheater)

Nonmortal woundings

Civil War (1861–1865)

Total servicemembers (Union)

Battle deaths (Union)

Other deaths in service (nontheater) (Union)

Nonmortal woundings (Union)

Total servicemembers (Conf.)

Battle deaths (Conf.)

Other deaths in service (nontheater) (Conf.)

Nonmortal woundings (Conf.)

unknown

Spanish-American War (1898–1902)

Total servicemembers

Battle deaths

Nonmortal woundings

World War I (1917–1918)3

Total servicemembers

Battle deaths

Nonmortal woundings

Living veterans

fewer than 500

World War II (1940–1945)3

Total servicemembers

Battle deaths

Nonmortal woundings

Living veterans

Korean War (1950–1953)

Total servicemembers

Serving in-theater

Battle deaths

Other deaths in service (theater)

Nonmortal woundings

Living veterans

Vietnam War (1964–1975)

Total servicemembers

Serving in-theater

Battle deaths

Nonmortal woundings

Living veterans

Gulf War (1990–1991)

Total servicemembers

Serving in-theater

Battle deaths

Nonmortal woundings

Living veterans

America's Wars Total

Military service during war

Battle deaths

Nonmortal woundings

Living war veterans

Living veterans

JohnnyBz00LS said:

I just can't stop, Johnny. Not when you put such hanging curveballs over the plate like this.

Bob Dylan wrote that song in 1963 to criticize John F. Kennedy (Democrat) for the Vietnam War (run by Democrat Presidents).

I watch the 2 part show on 9/11 , and what it didn't do is go back to Iran-Contra Affair where after the CIA worked with it's hands tied ever since. Yes Iran-Contra was very bad (and thank god Olli North stepped up and took one for the team)

The CIA was our bad guys that did :q:q:q:q that had to be done. Why becuse thier are terrorist and they dont play by our rules
As it was stated how we had Usama Bin Laden and could had taken him out but he was with a saudi prince hunting
I would put a lot more blame of 9/11 on the congress they felt with no cold war Iran-Contra it was better to :q:q:q:q the CIA and not
let them do what they do.
Who closed most of the bases in CA ?? who cut a armed forces in 1/3 to save money? OUr own road scholar Tricky Bill.
Thier is a lota bad in our Govmt but Bill and Hillary are poster childern for what wrong with the gov.

Members online

No members online now.
Back