Clinton could have stopped 9/11

MonsterMark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Yep, it is sure starting to look that way. 9/11 commission report leaves out the little details regarding 'Able Danger'. In 1996, Billy Boy was warned that letting Osama find refuge in the Middle East would be a bad thing. Even as late as 2000, the warning signs were posted about Atta and some others. Gee, I wonder what Sandy Burglar really stole from the National Archives. And now 1/2 of this country is preparing to put the witch Hillary in his place. God help us all.

Don't ya love it when the cream (truth) rises to the top? I know I do.
icon7.gif

What do you have to say Phil and Johnny? Bill Clinton allowed the murder of 3000 innocent US civilians. I think I am going to the Clinton Library to set up a vigil and demand that Clinton comes out to talk to me so I can ask him why he allowed 3000 Americans to die needlessly.

Ok, are you ready? I'm going to beat them to the punch. "Oh, there you go again, you have nothing better to do than brng up sh** from the past. Well you know what, at this point in his presidency, Clinton had a higher approval rating. From chicks who liked to give bj's, but still!! You know, Clinton never took us to war over nothing. And anything that went wrong during the Clinton years was the fault of Bush the elder anyways!! You pathetic Kool Aid drinking repugs!!! Let's talk about how serious Cindy is, and how BuSh is too much of a pansy to go talk to her!!! I mean, he's on a 5 week vacation!!!! And Cheney sucks because he worked for Halliburton and then they gave him money after he quit as a serverence package!!! Uh hello, I mean taht's the same as sliding money under the table!!!"

A brain-fried mom sleeping in a tent gets national, rabid exposure and things like Air America (welfare fraud) and 'Able Danger' (national security) get nothing.

Keep saying it to yourself. There is no media bias. There is no media bias.

MAllen82 said:
Ok, are you ready? I'm going to beat them to the punch. "Oh, there you go again, you have nothing better to do than brng up sh** from the past. Well you know what, at this point in his presidency, Clinton had a higher approval rating. From chicks who liked to give bj's, but still!! You know, Clinton never took us to war over nothing. And anything that went wrong during the Clinton years was the fault of Bush the elder anyways!! You pathetic Kool Aid drinking repugs!!! Let's talk about how serious Cindy is, and how BuSh is too much of a pansy to go talk to her!!! I mean, he's on a 5 week vacation!!!! And Cheney sucks because he worked for Halliburton and then they gave him money after he quit as a serverence package!!! Uh hello, I mean taht's the same as sliding money under the table!!!"

LOL

Dude, you are getting too good at this.

:bow:

wait wait wait wait, here ya go. "Oh look, it's another repug circle jerk!!! But I don't know what a circle jerk is, but I'll damne sure make fun of someone who enlightens me about one....."

MAllen82 said:
"Oh look, it's another repug circle jerk!!!
Take some solace in knowing you never wound up with the soggy biscuit. LOL.

:thread: So why not jack it? ... (pardon the pun)

I like the idea of the insult forum:

I'll start:
From the movie War of the Roses:

"You have sunk below the deepest layer of prehistoric frog sh** at the bottom of the New Jersey scum swamp!"

And one of my favorites: Not really an insult. I would say quite the compliment.:gr_devil:
"You can go down deeper, stay down longer, and come up dirtier than any other man I know!"

Bette Davis to James Cagney in Jimmy the Gent

MonsterMark said:

It's funny because it would seem the left always ends up with the biscuit, doesn't it.....

I personally like Dennis Miller's "calling you a scum bag isn't fair to bags filled with scum!!

But my all time favorite that realy can't be attributed to anyone in particular is, "You suck at life." I mean, what can you say after that? Nothing.

Wasnt it GW that was presented with an intelligence briefing that was titled "Osama is Right Behind you and is pointing a loaded gun at you!" - yet ignored it?

You remember GW. The President that when he is informed the country was under attack, sat for like another 10 mins listening to schoolchildren read to him (ok, they were helping him with the big words) and did nothing while America was attacked.

Please Brian, dont try to deflect blame. Your guy put the lame in lame duck. His approval ratings are lower then any president since --- HIS FATHER WAS PRESIDENT.

It makes it very hard to see your side of things Brian, because you so clearly distort the truth and want to point fingers.

I still love ya at the grill though :D

Clinton Library go do an Ozzy and take a leak on it.

War for no reason don't you rember Sadman giving the finger to the UN for all those years??

anyone who thing this is an unjust war talk to an iraqi who lives here (I know a few from my former job) biggest bush and this was supporters

and the bitch in Texas I'm suprize someone hasnt shot at them ...you know texas law trespassing = shot

Someone did - GW's Neighbor started firing a shotgun into the air to make them nervous.

Joeychgo said:
Wasnt it GW that was presented with an intelligence briefing that was titled "Osama is Right Behind you and is pointing a loaded gun at you!" - yet ignored it?

You remember GW. The President that when he is informed the country was under attack, sat for like another 10 mins listening to schoolchildren read to him (ok, they were helping him with the big words) and did nothing while America was attacked.

Please Brian, dont try to deflect blame. Your guy put the lame in lame duck. His approval ratings are lower then any president since --- HIS FATHER WAS PRESIDENT.

It makes it very hard to see your side of things Brian, because you so clearly distort the truth and want to point fingers.

I still love ya at the grill though :D

You refer to the skewed AP Ipsos poll taken with 49% Democrats and 39% Republicans? Total BS. Take a fair poll, and then get back to me.

In other news, and more relevant to the thread:

New York Post, Deborah Orin:

August 17, 2005 -- PRESIDENT Bill Clinton's team ignored dire warnings that its approach to terrorism was "very dangerous" and could have "deadly results," according to a blistering memo just obtained by The Post. [Didn't he just say this week that he would have gone after them if we knew about it?]

Then-Manhattan U.S. Attorney Mary Jo White wrote the memo as she pleaded in vain with Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick to tear down the wall between intelligence and prosecutors, a wall that went beyond legal requirements.

Looking back after 9/11, the memo makes for eerie reading — because White's team foresaw, years in advance, that the Clinton-era wall would make it tougher to stop mass murder.

"This is not an area where it is safe or prudent to build unnecessary walls or to compartmentalize our knowledge of any possible players, plans or activities," wrote White, herself a Clinton appointee.

"The single biggest mistake we can make in attempting to combat terrorism is to insulate the criminal side of the house from the intelligence side of the house, unless such insulation is absolutely necessary. Excessive conservatism . . . can have deadly results."

She added: "We must face the reality that the way we are proceeding now is inherently and in actuality very dangerous."

White must have felt like Cassandra, foreseeing dangers that proved all too real while no one at Clinton's Justice Department would listen. Team Clinton put up the "wall" in 1995 and it stayed up until after the 9/11 attacks.

Questions about the "wall" recently arose in regard to possible warnings from Able Danger, a pre-9/11 military-intelligence program, but the White memo makes clear that the issue was far, far broader.

In theory, the "wall" was supposed to avoid legal challenges to terror prosecutions. The problem was, as White and her team noted, only prosecutors familiar with a case or a cast of terror players might see the connections that could led to nabbing a suspect or foiling a plot.

Justice honchos overruled White's plea — even though her team knew better than anyone else in law enforcement what the real risks were. White's team won a host of convictions — including Ramzi Yousef, the mastermind of the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993, and blind Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, who plotted to bomb landmarks like the Statue of Liberty.

Equally troubling is that the 9/11 Commission, charged with tracing the failure to stop 9/11, got White's stunning memo and several related documents — and deep-sixed all of them.

The commission's report skips lightly over the wall in three brief pages (out of 567). It makes no mention at all of White's passionate and prescient warnings. Yet warnings that went ignored are just what the commission was supposed to examine.

So it's hard to avoid the conclusion that the commission ignored White's memo because it was a potential embarrassment to the woman to whom it was addressed: commission member Jamie Gorelick. (White has declined to discuss the matter, and Gorelick didn't immediately respond to requests for comment yesterday.)

White wrote the memo after her earlier pleas against the "wall" were rejected. She enlisted the help of her "Bomb II Team" — prosecutors working on terror bombings like the 1993 Twin Towers attack.

They gave six pages of detailed reasons why it was a mistake to create too much of a wall between intelligence and prosecutions. White forwarded that analysis to Gorelick and added her own notes on the Clinton-era decision "to keep prosecutors in the dark about intelligence investigations."

"What troubles me even more than the known problems we have encountered are the undoubtedly countless instances of unshared and unacted-upon information that reside in some file or other or in some head or other or in some unreviewed or not fully understood tape or other," White wrote. "These can be disasters waiting to happen."

For instance, in August 2001 — a month before the attacks — the FBI learned that two dangerous characters, future hijackers, might have arrived in the United States but didn't connet the dots to see that as a priority.

Also in August 2001, FBI headquarters failed to see the significance of the fact that arrested "20th hijacker" Zaccarias Moussaoui had taken flight lessons — despite desperate bids by field agents to sound the alarm.

Could some of those dots have been connected, absent the wall? There's no way to know — but surely the 9/11 Commission should have examined the issue. Deborah Orin is The Post's Washington Bureau chief.

Joeychgo said:
Let me find that briefing. Another joke. Clinton's administration dealt with this for 4 years, Bush gets it for 3 months. Maybe if Clinton had briefed Bush on what was going on, Bush could have dealt with it. Instead, Clinton sends Berger out to the National Archives to cover it all up. Just plain stinks.

Joeychgo said:
I know all you people on the left would have liked to see him jump up and start screaming like a maniac. I know that's what your guy would have done. Freaked out half of America. Thank God for Bush's measured behavior. It was very comforting to see a steady hand at the wheel. Once again the left does not understand leadership. Do you think everybody in government was standing still waiting on Bush? What was he supposed to do. Grab a pistol, run outside and try to shoot down a plane. You guys amaze me to no end.

Joeychgo said:
If Clinton's people weren't so busy pulling the 'W' off of keyboards, they may have actually been able to help the new administration get up and running. But no, they were too busy pilfering the White House of its china and stemware.

Joeychgo said:
Where did I distort the truth? Able Danger was Clintons. I'm simply pointing out the obvious. IF Clinton was in office for a 3rd term he would have either: A) done nothing, or B) gotten us all killed. No distortion there.

Hmm - I remember Osama stating that he started all this because of the first President Bush and our troops in saudi -

If Clinton's people weren't so busy pulling the 'W' off of keyboards, they may have actually been able to help the new administration get up and running. But no, they were too busy pilfering the White House of its china and stemware.

Yeah, the last few days in office caused all this. Maybe it was the months and months of the Ken Star show that distracted him a little.

IF Clinton was in office for a 3rd term he would have either: A) done nothing, or B) gotten us all killed. No distortion there.

How can you possibly know this? This is all guesswork Brian, got every president. Want to argue who really caused this? Lets go all the way back to Reagan/Bush and talk about who left afganistan as a breeding ground for terrorism after the Russians pulled out. Come on man, this is all guesswork.

It isnt about the left or the right - hindsight is 20/20. What looks like its the best thing today, may prove to not be tomorrow.

Joeychgo said:
Hmm - I remember Osama stating that he started all this because of the first President Bush and our troops in saudi -

If the CIA had pictures, why wasn’t the al-Qaida leader captured or killed? Inquirying minds want to know...

By Lisa Myers
Senior investigative correspondent
NBC News
Updated: 6:40 p.m. ET March 17, 2004

As the 9/11 commission investigates what Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush might have done to prevent the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, one piece of evidence the commission will examine is a videotape secretly recorded by a CIA plane high above Afghanistan. The tape shows a man believed to Osama bin Laden walking at a known al-Qaida camp.

The question for the 9/11 commission: If the CIA was able to get that close to bin Laden before 9/11, why wasn’t he captured or killed? The videotape has remained secret until now.

Over the next three nights, NBC News will present this incredible spy footage and reveal some of the difficult questions it has raised for the 9/11 commission.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
March 16: NBC has exclusively obtained secret CIA videotape of what is believed to be Osama bin Laden a year before 9/11. Lisa Myers explores: Why didn't the United States strike?

Osama was out and about, walking around for years before Bush II and Clinton did nothing about it. Share the blame, don't point the finger is all I'm getting at.

Much of the hatred for Bush is misdirected. That is the point I am trying to make.

Hmmmm - what happened to the 'liberal' media?

And I agree - share the blame. This has to do with our policy over the last 20+ years. Like I said, what looks good today may not prove to be right tomorrow. I dont fault anyone for 9/11 -- it was a group effort and we only get excerpts of anything that happens.

Joeychgo said:

Yeah, the last few days in office caused all this. Maybe it was the months and months of the Ken Star show that distracted him a little.

How can you possibly know this? This is all guesswork Brian, got every president. Want to argue who really caused this? Lets go all the way back to Reagan/Bush and talk about who left afganistan as a breeding ground for terrorism after the Russians pulled out. Come on man, this is all guesswork.

It isnt about the left or the right - hindsight is 20/20. What looks like its the best thing today, may prove to not be tomorrow.

Some not-too-well-remembered facts for you to ponder:

1. Ken Starr's investigation didn't cause Monica and Billy to do the cigar dance, it was the other way around.

2. During the Leftist Election Tampering Rebellion of 1999-2000, where Gore tried to steal the election, Ex-President Clinton decided, against hundreds of years of tradition and propriety, to prevent the new Bush administration from having a smooth transition into the White House.

He prevented Bush's access to the General Accounting Office, which he was supposed to release to Bush upon his election, thus setting the Administration back six months. Because the new administration didn't have access to GAO funding (LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE), they couldn't hire any staffers. They had to spend the first 6 months catching up.

Not to mention Clinton never told Bush about Osama.

Not so easy to focus on the business of the country when you're having to clean up the last tenant's mess. Bet you guys forgot about all that BS, huh?

fossten said:
Some not-too-well-remembered facts for you to ponder:

1. Ken Starr's investigation didn't cause Monica and Billy to do the cigar dance, it was the other way around.

2. During the Leftist Election Tampering Rebellion of 1999-2000, where Gore tried to steal the election, Ex-President Clinton decided, against hundreds of years of tradition and propriety, to prevent the new Bush administration from having a smooth transition into the White House.

He prevented Bush's access to the General Accounting Office, which he was supposed to release to Bush upon his election, thus setting the Administration back six months. Because the new administration didn't have access to GAO funding (LIKE THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE), they couldn't hire any staffers. They had to spend the first 6 months catching up.

Not to mention Clinton never told Bush about Osama.

Not so easy to focus on the business of the country when you're having to clean up the last tenant's mess. Bet you guys forgot about all that BS, huh?
Man, did you hit the nail on the head. That is what I was trying to say.

It was like the kids having a party at Mom and Dad's place and being too hung over to clean it up. Mom and Dad show up early and are left to cleaning the place up. Everybody sayas Bush was in office, Bush was in office. Heck, Bush didn't even have time to wipe Monica's drool off the chair by the time 9/11 happened. Clinton and Gore stalled, and because of that, we all lost.

MonsterMark said:

I like the idea of the insult forum:

I'll start:
From the movie War of the Roses:

"You have sunk below the deepest layer of prehistoric frog sh** at the bottom of the New Jersey scum swamp!"

And one of my favorites: Not really an insult. I would say quite the compliment.:gr_devil:
"You can go down deeper, stay down longer, and come up dirtier than any other man I know!"

Bette Davis to James Cagney in Jimmy the Gent

My favorite is from Happy Gilmore, starring Adam Sandler:

Shooter McGavin: I eat pieces of SH** like you for breakfast!

Happy Gilmore (eyebrow raised): You eat pieces of SH** for breakfast?

MonsterMark said:
Yep, it is sure starting to look that way. 9/11 commission report leaves out the little details regarding 'Able Danger'. In 1996, Billy Boy was warned that letting Osama find refuge in the Middle East would be a bad thing. Even as late as 2000, the warning signs were posted about Atta and some others. Gee, I wonder what Sandy Burglar really stole from the National Archives. And now 1/2 of this country is preparing to put the witch Hillary in his place. God help us all.

Don't ya love it when the cream (truth) rises to the top? I know I do.
icon7.gif

What do you have to say Phil and Johnny? Bill Clinton allowed the murder of 3000 innocent US civilians. I think I am going to the Clinton Library to set up a vigil and demand that Clinton comes out to talk to me so I can ask him why he allowed 3000 Americans to die needlessly.

Ok I’m new here so I should keep my mouth shut but when I here stuff like this I just can’t. Clinton said on many occasions he wanted to get Bin Laden both in and out of office but there where no grounds what would you have liked for him to do send a SEAL team to kidnap a citizen of a foreign country just because we don’t like them that’s not what this country is about and if we did we would turning the bill of rights into nothing more then toilet paper while making us into the biggest hypocrites in the world next to the church. He did how ever make sure the CIA knew his every movement then W gets put in office and when told about the danger of Bin Laden and Al-Quadia he says but what about Iraq when told there is nothing to worry about in Iraq he fired the people that would not tell him what he wanted to here ignored the warnings of imminent threat. Then as soon as he could he returned his attention back to where it had always been finishing what his dad started the Downing Street Memo’s have proven that. Once agen though he ignored and fired those who did not tell him what he wanted to here. The Chef UN weapons inspector repeatedly said there where no WMD's but did Bush listen no he was told they would need a lot more boots on the ground then they had planed by some of his top generals he did not like it so he fired them. In the end all Clinton ever did was push us in to one of the best economic times we have ever seen got unemployment and crime to recored lows and got a blow job He will go down as one of the best pres. ever, Bush on the other hand has distroyed everthing Clinton the econamy is in shambiles unemploment is up and other then england world hates us now. W will go down as the WORST pres. in history

P.S.
And just for the record with as much stress as the job has I HOPE HE WAS GETTING BJ's besides it was an issue between him and his wife there was no reason for it to become what it was other then it was the only dirt the GOP could find to attack with.

Welcome to the Forum. Your participation is appreciated. A word of caution. Please put on your flack jacket. I sense some enemy anti-aircraft fire in your area. Get ready to take evasive action.
icon12.gif

Silver02Sport said:
Ok I’m new here so I should keep my mouth shut but when I here stuff like this I just can’t. Clinton said on many occasions he wanted to get Bin Laden both in and out of office but there where no grounds what would you have liked for him to do send a SEAL team to kidnap a citizen of a foreign country just because we don’t like them that’s not what this country is about and if we did we would turning the bill of rights into nothing more then toilet paper while making us into the biggest hypocrites in the world next to the church. He did how ever make sure the CIA knew his every movement then W gets put in office and when told about the danger of Bin Laden and Al-Quadia he says but what about Iraq when told there is nothing to worry about in Iraq he fired the people that would not tell him what he wanted to here ignored the warnings of imminent threat. Then as soon as he could he returned his attention back to where it had always been finishing what his dad started the Downing Street Memo’s have proven that. Once agen though he ignored and fired those who did not tell him what he wanted to here. The Chef UN weapons inspector repeatedly said there where no WMD's but did Bush listen no he was told they would need a lot more boots on the ground then they had planed by some of his top generals he did not like it so he fired them. In the end all Clinton ever did was push us in to one of the best economic times we have ever seen got unemployment and crime to recored lows and got a blow job He will go down as one of the best pres. ever, Bush on the other hand has distroyed everthing Clinton the econamy is in shambiles unemploment is up and other then england world hates us now. W will go down as the WORST pres. in history

P.S.
And just for the record with as much stress as the job has I HOPE HE WAS GETTING BJ's besides it was an issue between him and his wife there was no reason for it to become what it was other then it was the only dirt the GOP could find to attack with.

Target Aquired...I have a lock...Vengeance 33, Fox 1

Soooo, I guess you're gonna pretend that August 7th, 1998 never happened.

Just in case you're wondering...that was the Embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania.

Hey Bryan...check it out...another Dem who thinks President Clinton had everything to do with the economic boom of the 90's.

It's coming, get ready. We have another biscuit eater by the way, oh happy day!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back