Climate Control Blower Kaput!!

Woof47

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
As I was driving my '96 LSC, I noticed that the blower motor wasn't working anymore.Tried all the different positions of the climate control switches and the fan never came back on. Normally I'd be all over this, 'cept that it's snowing and now dark. So while I'm waiting for sunrise, I decided to ask the the question: 'Is there something unique or common that happens to our cars more frequently than others or am I going to have to do all the normal troubleshooting tomorrow?' Thanks in advance.

take the glovebox out & wiggle the wires at the bottom of the blower motor. There's normally a loose connection at the wire harness.

thats more common with 97-98 but it could be the harness, but blower motors are known to fail also as well as the blower motor modules, try the wires first though the plugs on them like to melt.

Thanks, I'll try that. Anybody else have other ideas? Do these cars really have brains and have the ability to think on their own? I just bought another '96 Mark VIII. A base model. I was on my way home from giving it a quick look-over to see what I needed to do to it when this blower motor thing happened. It's the kind of thing a woman does to make sure she still gets her share of attention.

The blower motor on my red 94 quit on the way to work last week. It worked fine on the way home though. I checked the wire plug at the motor and it was fine and tight.

If it happens again, I'll swap my spare broken button HVAC control in it to see if that fixes it.

Sorry, that's not much help but I can't fix it until it's broke again.

My module went bad because of a leak that was allowing water to get in it. I took it apart. Cleaned the corrosion off, re-soldered the connections and put it back in. Worked great! I also fixed the leak!

This is the first time the blower quit on me. I did find water on the floor once before. I didn't notice any on the floor today. It was raining and snowing today. I hope it's not a water problem. I HATE when that happens.

You guys were dead on. The wires connecting the blower motor have a loose connection. All set now. Thanks for your help.

Blower motor module

Where is that blower motor module located? My 98 just started with the fan working sometimes and sometimes it don't. So, I was going to check all of that you all are recommending.

Thanks,
Brent

Members online

No members online now.
Back