clicking rear door lock??

eastcoastLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Recently when I've gone to completely unlock my car with the keyless entry, I can hear the rear door lock clicking 3 times consecutively. It never did this before, is this a sign that I need to replace the lock mechanism before the door gets locked shut??... I have read horror stories all over this site of the door being locked shut.

My rear driver's side door does this now and then. I also noticed that the outside door handle doesn't seem to sit flush like the others. Haven't had time to look at it yet, so I dunno what it is.

Ya same door for me too. I just had the regulator and window replaced. And today when I tried to unlock the door, it was locked shut. So just as I expected, rear drivers door is locked close. I have been able to get lucky and get it open every now and then. Any ideas?? This just started happening since I got my car back from the Dealership for the regulator and window.. Any ideas what could be causing this???

Oh yea, and I cannot manually unlock, lock the door from the inside. The lock button is permanently locked.

Oh yea, and I cannot manually unlock, lock the door from the inside. The lock button is permanently locked.

Sounds like your childproof door lock is engaged; the lock is located on the back door rear edge, rotate the control to unlock.

Sounds like your childproof door lock is engaged; the lock is located on the back door rear edge, rotate the control to unlock.

The lock is definitely operating incorrectly. Child proof lock is disengaged. To open the rear driver door I have to press the unlock twice on the key fab then pull on the handle on the first click. Another thing, the chrome lever to manually lock the door doesn't move manually but when I press the unlock button it moves to the unlock position and then right back to the lock position.

Strange... My drivers door was doing something similar. I would lock the car and it would click 3 times. (and NOT lock) all I did was lock and unlock it several times manualy. It seemed to be kinda stuck at first then moved smoothly and performed correctly.

If you can't move it manualy though, I don't know what you can do. Maybe as you press unlock catch it and try to hold it in the unlock position? Also, if you just had it at the dealership maybe take it back as it could have been something THEY missaligned. good luck.

OK. Took it back to the dealer and had them inspect it. They told me all the rods and everything is connected, so it must be the actuator. Quoted me $230 for labor and the part. Whatever they did in there made the actuator stop clicking 3 times. Now the door doesn't open from the inside, but works normal from the outside. No more of that annoying @ss clicking sound.

On a side note if you have a keyless entry keypad on the door and your driver side door does that it's supposed to meen the battery is dying on the door mounted keypad

Members online

Back