Clear sidemarker lights with full housing...

i wonder if smoked markers & clear corners is going to look ok... god i keep doubting myself, lol. i think i might wait to clear the corners until there are smoked corners available, or if there is a surefire way to do it myself and have it look identical to the markers i just ordered.

It shouldnt look to bad on a black car. I dont dig the clear on lighter cars but they look ok on dark ones. Maybe you can try what I did with my ambers. Get the clear trun signal lens and paint the area behind it ( the chrome reflector ) black or maybe a shade of grey. Thats how I got the smoked look for my amber and that was accident. I wanted to color match everything and primed where the cheap chrome paint was since it got messed up.

yeah honestly anything is going to look better than the amber markers. clear, smoked, or color matched. hey if i don't like them, i'm sure i can sell them to someone on the site and i'll get a pair of the clear lenses. not a big deal.

the only hitch with your idea is getting the clear corners. LSK is still out and i can't find them anywhere on ebay. my plan was to take the corners out completely like most people are doing.

Deleting them. Now I got ya. Yeah that sucks that LSK does not have them anymore.

Put my new marker lights on today....

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0628.JPG

The quality is great, just as good (if not better) then the OEM ones (plus they come with new orange bulbs!).

man that chin spoiler is my next mod. and you have it the way i want it (no valance). have any underneath shots?

just got mine today but can't put them on cause the car is still in the shop. but i can vouch for the quality, they're well made, bulbs already attached in the assembly, just plug-n-play.

those pics are a little fuzzy, those taken with your phone? have anything higher res? chin spoiler definitely looks good.

staegle, any way you can get some good up close shots of them before they get installed? I mean shots of them being on the car definitely helps but I would like to see the whole unit. I'm just curious as to what the glue ( or what ever method they used ) is like on them.

TDUB, there would not be any reason why you wouldn't be able to use LEDs as long as they are the ones required or its cross reference.

Wait so can you or can't you put the LED lights into these?

Yes you can. I tried it out in the stock housing. there is a wedge socket on the end of the wires that accepts any 194,168,W5W wedge type bulb. I pulled one of my led's from my footwell and tried it in there. Worked fine, but did have the residual glow when the car was not on. You'd need a resistor.

Ordered them last monday and they were here that Friday. Problem is that my auction was for clear and they sent smoked. After several e-mails back and forth with them telling me I received the correct smoked lense for my auction I adv them to read the f'n auction that is for clear lenses. Then I finally got a response back saying send the incorrect part back and they'll send me the correct clear lenses. They charge 15 for shipping but will only credit me 5 to send the wrong ones back. At this point I think I may just keep the smoked as they match with the headlights better than the clear probably will and I'm tired of waiting on this joker.

I had the same problem (sort of), i ordered smoked and recieved clear.

But it's ok, now that i see them on my car i think the smoked would have been a little to dark, the clear look good.

JWerner2 - sure, i will take some close-up photos tonight.
for smoked they don't look all that dark. pretty sure they're not the clear ones though because the inside housing is greyish. i like the look.

The smoked housing lights are not that dark at all, thats why I may leave keep them vs sending back to get the clear. The smoked lenses have a black line around the outside lense that kind of matches the headlights.

If you look closely at the auction picture the lens on the smoke housings are clear. They just painted the backing black to make it look like it is smoke.

Also, trying to get anyone to respond to my emails has been a nightmare too. We were trying to strike up a deal on the lenses but they are not very business savvy. We may just contact another dealer to work with. They are too difficult to communicate with.

Stealing my idea and what not!:rolleyes: :D

Any way, if they are just a painted housing then why do the look as if they are smoked along the part of the lens that hangs off from the housing?

blsmlinls00wsposmkfa4.jpg

They obviously have no problem with using E-Bay to sell them so I would not see why they wouldnt keep tabs with you Ken.

They probably just wanna hustle your buisness. I would tell them to piss off and find someone with something that may be better.

Maybe that's the black silicone adhesive where the housing meets the lens. Maybe the housing is black plastic, and you can see where the housing meets the lens. I'm just guessing.

ok i must have definitely gotten the clear ones by mistake (looks like a trend here) because i don't have that black line around the housing. anyways, here are some close up pics.

sm1.jpg

sm2.jpg

sm3.jpg

sm4.jpg

sm5.jpg

sm6.jpg

ok i must have definitely gotten the clear ones by mistake (looks like a trend here) because i don't have that black line around the housing. anyways, here are some close up pics.

Thats exactly what i got, ordered the smoked and received those (but they look ok, so i'm not worried about it)

ditto, but i did send the seller a somewhat disgruntled email saying i was the 3rd person in the same day who reported getting the wrong ones. dude must be high ;)

Has anyone left negative feedback?

All I read from the LS owners on the feedback page was good feedback.

Also I can make out that that is the adhesive in those pics but outside of that black line that appears to be glue it looks as if the lens is smoked. If the housing is painted the outside brim of the lens wouldn't appear to be that smoke color. I would imagine it would stand out and be clear.

They look really good in those pics but I want to know what the hell is up with this wrong order crap! Id be pissed if I got the clear instead of the smoke.

They look really good in those pics but I want to know what the hell is up with this wrong order crap! Id be pissed if I got the clear instead of the smoke.

do this, order the wrong ones on purpose so he can send the right ones, lol. just teasing, he's probably doing it to get rid of some that haven't sold or something

I should have left negative feedback, when I first got them I assumed they were smoked because I only took a quick glance at them, so I was a little quick to leave good feedback. can you delete your feedback? lol. either way, i'm not that upset or anything, they still look good and i was on the fence about which style to get anyway.

do this, order the wrong ones on purpose so he can send the right ones, lol. just teasing, he's probably doing it to get rid of some that haven't sold or something

Trust me, I have thought of that right away..lol!

Members online

Back