Cleaned up my fogs and did a small mod while I was there...

I went out with my $50 point and shoot and grabbed some quick pics on the car.

I am still up in the air about them, but I think painting the lower grill black will seal the deal.

lsfogs.jpg

lsfogs2.jpg

lsfogs3.jpg

Nice mod! Both of your guys cars look like mine!;) I would agree that painting the lower grille black is a good idea. Silver LS did you wet sand your headlights also? Mine are pretty bad. Also did you paint the black plastic around the bottom of the bumpers and side skirts?

I am supposed to drop the car off at the end of January, the shop is going to wet sand the headlights (they're not really that bad) They are also painting the lower (currently black) trim pieces, and painting my ww 3piece spoiler so I can finnaly put that on. I also have my Eibach springs here, but its just too damn cold to go try to mess with them. That might have to wait until Spring

I am jealous of Smdandb2 though..... He has a McLarren Grille :( My grille is a :q:q:q:qty replacement I got this summer after taking a bird in the grille, I had to go to the junkyard and the only one I could find was not the best.. So I'm looking for a grille ATM.

smdandb2:

You should paint the silver section behind the mclaren grille flat black too. So you won't see any silver behind it.

Oh, and when you paint the lower grille, you can either do the whole area between the fogs, or leave the first vertical bar where the fogs meet the lower grille. I painted mine the latter way.

Check them both out here:

calendarpic4.jpg

IMG_7086.jpg

I am supposed to drop the car off at the end of January, the shop is going to wet sand the headlights (they're not really that bad) They are also painting the lower (currently black) trim pieces, and painting my ww 3piece spoiler so I can finnaly put that on. I also have my Eibach springs here, but its just too damn cold to go try to mess with them. That might have to wait until Spring

I am jealous of Smdandb2 though..... He has a McLarren Grille :( My grille is a :q:q:q:qty replacement I got this summer after taking a bird in the grille, I had to go to the junkyard and the only one I could find was not the best.. So I'm looking for a grille ATM.

Shi tty, you took a bird and my stock grill took an egg at 80mph.

I bought the grill on ebay for like $30 shipped. Seemed like a good deal to me.

smdandb2:

You should paint the silver section behind the mclaren grille flat black too. So you won't see any silver behind it.

Oh, and when you paint the lower grille, you can either do the whole area between the fogs, or leave the first vertical bar where the fogs meet the lower grille. I painted mine the latter way.

Suhweeeet!

Not a bad idea on painting the stuff behind the grill. It would have never even occured to me.

As for the bottom piece, I am going to pull the fogs and do it all black. I am actually thinking about doing the door bumper thingies in black too... just to be a bit different.

This is going to be a dumb question but here we go. Do you have to take the whole bumper off to paint the lower grille? Because I am getting my M5 spoiler, stock grille, trunk trim and eyebrows painted here shortly.

Nope, you can either take the fogs out and tape it up or just tape up the fogs too. Depends on exactly what you want. If a body shop is doing it, I doubt they're going to take it off. Just no reason too, that I can think of.

Cool, thanks. I actually having a buddy do all the painting and he works for a ford dealer so it is kind of a shop deal I guess.:shifty: I just can't wait to get all my stuff put on so I can take some pics.

I am actually thinking about doing the door bumper thingies in black too... just to be a bit different.

Are you talking about part 1 or part 2? I am planning on doing a black on white scheme going. If it doesn't work, just color match everything. Having the black CDC grill game me the idea. I have the black grill, will get black eyelids, paint lower bumper bars black, that strip that goes along the door black(part 1 in the pic), black gen1 lse spoiler, black license plate surround, and black rear bumper inserts. Trying to try something diff.

Ls12pic.jpg

That was the theory. Studies have since disproved it, at least for this application.

The longer wavelength does not scatter as much through rain/fog/snow etc.

i would have to believe that since you are filtering out some of the light, then the light output would be less then the original, and since your filtering out light to get that color, then that color (wavelength) would already be being produced by the unfiltered bulb, just with a fuller spectrum of colors.

Are you talking about part 1 or part 2? I am planning on doing a black on white scheme going. If it doesn't work, just color match everything. Having the black CDC grill game me the idea. I have the black grill, will get black eyelids, paint lower bumper bars black, that strip that goes along the door black(part 1 in the pic), black gen1 lse spoiler, black license plate surround, and black rear bumper inserts. Trying to try something diff.

Ls12pic.jpg

Number 1 is what I was going to do like the picture I have attached. Its a crappy photoshop, but you get the point.

ls mod copy3.jpg

i would have to believe that since you are filtering out some of the light, then the light output would be less then the original, and since your filtering out light to get that color, then that color (wavelength) would already be being produced by the unfiltered bulb, just with a fuller spectrum of colors.

Yeah, what you said.

Having lived near San Francisco for years, I am used to fog driving conditions. Longer wavelength colors help in those conditions.

In white out conditions with snow, its the same thing. Thats why I had yellow rockblocker covers on my hella FF1000s on my WRX. In bad weather, they were far superior than my HIDs.

But in my scenario here, I mostly did it for appearances.

Yeah, what you said.

Having lived near San Francisco for years, I am used to fog driving conditions. Longer wavelength colors help in those conditions.

In white out conditions with snow, its the same thing. Thats why I had yellow rockblocker covers on my hella FF1000s on my WRX. In bad weather, they were far superior than my HIDs.

But in my scenario here, I mostly did it for appearances.

I think 1LoudLS was agreeing with joegr and what I should have said originally was it the theory for using yellow colored lighting. I didn't mean to coment on the validity of the theory.

Members online

No members online now.
Back