Cleaned up my fogs and did a small mod while I was there...

smdandb2

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am a lighting whore, and my fogs have really been irritating me for a while now. 92k on the odometer, and the fogs have taken a lot of abuse. They were hazed over really bad, and rather pitted.

So this morning, I decided to do something about it.

I made my way to checker and bought some supplies. I bought a few varieties of wet sandpaper, a buffer and some Meguirs PlastX.

So here is wetsanded on the left, and the untouched one on the right. For some reason, I was not nervous doing this at all. I have never wet sanded anything in my life.

755693834_RAkS3-L.jpg

Here is what they used to look like.

755693958_3DAQX-L.jpg

There are still a few really deep gouges, but I got tired of sanding. But here is how they turned out.

755693332_dNxJe-L.jpg

755694058_68nXc-L.jpg

Since my day to day job has me making stickers and such, I ordered up myself some transparent yellow vinyl and went to town.

755693465_9euC4-L.jpg

755693571_t8Gae-L.jpg

I still need to remove the headlights and wetsand them, but I just ran out of time. So I hit them with some PlastX with my buffer and cleaned them up pretty good.

I am going to order some new Philips HID bulbs soon, so when I pull the headlights to install those (stupid cheap bulbs suck, but got me out of a pinch) I will wetsand the headlights.

Not crazy about the yellow but night and day difference on the polishing. Good job man.

Yeah, the yellow looks kind of odd at the moment.

But real soon it should fit in nicely.

Here is what I am hoping to accomplish here in the next few months.

Yes, its a horrible chop. But it gave me an idea of what it might look like.

755764133_vpvb6-L.jpg

Not crazy about the yellow but night and day difference on the polishing. Good job man.

+1

How much did this set your back? I've been thinking about doing something like this to my drivers headlight. They offer a service a wally world but I don't trust that place to work on my car.

The PlastX was like $8 and probably another $10 in sand paper.

I bought a polisher, but you can do it by hand just as easy.

It was a cheap way to get results.

And lowering springs ordered.

Next I need to get the paint stuff taken care of, and things will start to take shape.

Good job on the lights. I'm 50/50 with the fogs. Maybe a little warning up to them

Good job on the lights. I'm 50/50 with the fogs. Maybe a little warning up to them

When I paint that lower section satin black I think the yellow fogs will look better.

If not, 20 minutes and the film comes off.

Yeah true. What if you paint the fog surround yellow? You would leave the refletor bowl free and the lens clear and maybe clean the set up a bit more.

dont know if it's the pic or what but it looks like green film.. i am semi color bling though..

Not pure green, maybe like a yellow green with more yellow.

Nice job on those fogs. Looks good.

+1

How much did this set your back? I've been thinking about doing something like this to my drivers headlight. They offer a service a wally world but I don't trust that place to work on my car.

I bought this kit from Autozone, it was only $13-$15. Although I think It was onsale. But the usual price is only like $18. Works well and all you need is a drill. Super easy with big effects on the look of your headlights and fogs.

HeadlightKit-group.jpg

I'm warming up to it,not for me, but its loking better every time I look at it

Awsome work on the Fogs, aside from the yellow :p

Your car looks exactly like mine, if you paint the lower grille black. I am still waiting for my lowering springs but seriously that picture minus the yellow fogs is exactly what mine will look like lol.. I have an appt. at the end of January to get the lower panels body colored as well.

Awsome work on the Fogs, aside from the yellow :p

Your car looks exactly like mine, if you paint the lower grille black. I am still waiting for my lowering springs but seriously that picture minus the yellow fogs is exactly what mine will look like lol.. I have an appt. at the end of January to get the lower panels body colored as well.

Well son of a bitch! LOL!

I thought it would be unique. Apparently you beat me to the punch. :D

Looks good, man. If you don't like the yellow look of the fogs, you can always get some yellow bulbs instead. I did that with my '03.

:Beer

got a couple questions im new real new to lincoln ls ....1) what year do they start making folding side mirrors an r they interchangable ? 2) lowering spring which are the best ? 3) which is better magnaflow or flowmaster exhaust for a sport sound ? 4? where can i get some paintable eyelids except ebay(had a really bad experiance) juss help me out plz an thankzzz in advance

oh yea that ls look good wish mine was looking like that i wanna do my fogs that too cuz i have a green ls

Sorry OP

got a couple questions im new real new to lincoln ls ....1) what year do they start making folding side mirrors an r they interchangable ? 2) lowering spring which are the best ? 3) which is better magnaflow or flowmaster exhaust for a sport sound ? 4? where can i get some paintable eyelids except ebay(had a really bad experiance) juss help me out plz an thankzzz in advance

You just hi jacked this threan man. :slap:

WELCOME!!! Usually you can get away with asking revelant questions, something about your fogs or even wetsanding in this thread, but you just asked questions that are way off. You can use the search function, narrow it down to LS threads only, and search by title to your questions, a lot of threads are out there with the specific questions you just asked, or you can start a new thread if you did not find the answer. I will answer your questions though

I believe folding mirrors are gen2, so 2003-2006. Yes I think they are interchanable because I've read poeple with gen1,2000-2002, looking for some to put on theirs. Lowering springs, depends how much drop you want. Eibachs offer the least drop but still a good one and there is intrax and sprint tech that offer a lower drop, maybe there are a few more out there I haven't heard off. Maganaflow is quieter than flowmaster but performance a lot better than flowmasters, if you are basing it only on sound I would say flows, they will give you a muscle car sound. Go to youtube and check out some LS exhaust clips.For the eyelids and other LS items, lsk is a great place to get them from. Ken, the owner, is a member here use to come on here a lot, great service and good quality parts.

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/lincoln-ls-eyebrows-p-25.php

Members online

Back