Chrysler Sebring Lugs

babbster

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
For those with Sebring Lug nuts...I know they fit fine but are they easy to remove and put back on without any sort of stripping? They seem to be reasonably priced at well under $100 a set but just curious if they will last. Thanks in advance.

Also when getting them from the Chrysler dealership, does it matter which year sebring?

The Sebring Lugs are awesome. I put a little of the anti-sieze on them and they go on and off without any problems. They are actually a Mitsubishi part. Part # MB579290. Order them online because going right to the dealer is more expensive and they usually don't have 20 in stock. That's just from my experience. Do what you like.

They do work well. I tried 1 out yesterday. Ordered the rest this morning. 3.75 each

I've never heard of people doing this till just now. Whats wrong with the stock lugs? Mine still go on and off just fine. Do they look any different?

No the stock ones are poorly designed on the first gen LS. Either the cap that the lugwrench grips on to gets rounded or the threads get stripped from what I've heard. Mine were only rounded off. Dropped 120 at the dealer for a complete new set.

I got mine at the chrysler dealer too. 75 bucks for the set.

Hmmm, ok. Just go to a chrysler or mitsubishi dealer and ask for part number # MB579290? I'll keep that in mind as my nuts get older and rounder :D . Do they work with the wheels that have the covered lug nuts?

That I'm not sure of. I've never seen those lugs.

Yes, you can just walk into the chrysler dealer and ask for the part #. One dealer today told me list price was $10 EACH... They can sell them for 3.75. That's what I paid at the second dealer I went to.

No the stock ones are poorly designed on the first gen LS. Either the cap that the lugwrench grips on to gets rounded or the threads get stripped from what I've heard. Mine were only rounded off. Dropped 120 at the dealer for a complete new set.

I hate those lugs The cap actually popped off mine and on one of them it kinda got in the way somehow.

Then the lugs rounded a bit and now a few of them stripped on the threads.

If its worth it to some of you I would get the spline drives ( I think thats what they call them ) then you know they wont round on you.

can someone take piks of the sebring lug nuts? i've been looking for some that do not have the width of the washer in the oem lugs. and also, can you remove the sebring lugs with the same sized tool as the oems?

I can take side by side pics tomorrow afternoon when I get my car back from the dealer. (They are replacing rack and pinion under warranty).

The stock ones on 17" LS wheels take a 20mm socket. The sebring ones take a 21mm, So your lug wrench in your trunk would no longer work. I put a breaker bar with 20 and 21mm sockets back there instead.

I don't have the sebring lugs but I have different lugs on mine. I got them from Summit. I got the Summit lugnuts SUM-754001B set of 4 conical seat $4.95 and Gorilla spline drive lockers GOR-71631NBC set of 4 $19.39. I spent about $40 and they are working great. I got lucky and only had 1 of the stock lugs seperate, but 4 rounded out on me. Here's a pic of the new lugs

View attachment 35079

Last edited:
bump for pete on piks

I completely forgot. Just snapped a few. Here you go :D

lugs 1.jpg

lugs 2.jpg

lugs 3.jpg

can someone take piks of the sebring lug nuts? i've been looking for some that do not have the width of the washer in the oem lugs. and also, can you remove the sebring lugs with the same sized tool as the oems?

Look up "Saturdays Project".
I did my brakes, and took a pic of the finished job, with Sebring lug nuts.

And they are 13/16ths, not 19mm! Put a new wrench in the trunk!

garbone there are no pictures of the sebring nuts on the Saturday project thread

i'm waiting for my camera battery to charge a bit so i can take a pik because my lug nuts do not look like those pete. they have no washer. i know mine fit the factory studs because i've replaced 2 studs and they lugs fit perfectly on them. i'm assuming the nuts i have were used because of my rims. i've bought oem and they wouldn't fit in the restricted space that the rims create. but now i can't find the ones that are on my car currently.

hmmm. Well the one on the left was the stock LS one. I don't know if they changed that from 2000 (my year) and the rest of the gen 1's. I can only speak for what I have seen personally. But these ones work perfect for me.

Oh, and garbone, I use a 21mm impact socket on a breaker bar.

just did the math... 13/16" is 20.6375mm, so we're both right!

l_ed8938f426fe79135d35f78f41f4fcaa.png

This was the type I was speaking of.

I am going to use these kinds for my Highlander now and probably for every other car I purchase.

No way of rounding thses things out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back