Chrome Trim Tape Replacement

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the best way to do this? Ac you can see by the pic, My chrome door trim is toast. I have a roll of chrome trim tape on the way - whats the best way to prep the surface?

DSC00914.JPG

you have you pick the rest off, which is hard. then clean it up real good

I got the tape in today -- Maybe ill try and install it on friday........ Im thinking about trying to powerwash the rest of that stuff off.........

I haven't found an ideal replacement yet, I'm thinking of painting them. Only my front bumper strip is bad however, the rest are in fine shape.

Driller, if this works, I can send you some extra tape......... THey mistakenly sent me 150 feet of the stuff - so ill have extra.

Joeychgo said:
......... THey mistakenly sent me 150 feet of the stuff - so ill have extra.

You might have a little bit left over! :facesjump

Post some pics of the results when you're done.

i have tried a few thing to fix that the best thing i have found is to go to a good paint store and buy some chrome molding i used 5/8" and trimed it down to size. after you remove the old one clean out all the :q:q:q:q in the groove . and lay in the new piece . if done right you can't tell the difference .

Joeychgo said:
Does anyone know the best way to do this? Ac you can see by the pic, My chrome door trim is toast. I have a roll of chrome trim tape on the way - whats the best way to prep the surface?

Joeychgo said:
Driller, if this works, I can send you some extra tape......... THey mistakenly sent me 150 feet of the stuff - so ill have extra.

Could you tell me where you ordered the tape from? I am having the same problem with the chrome strip that runs along the taillights. I would love to try this tape, how did it turn out for you?

Sure -

Golden Gate North
Erik Scharff
General Manager
707-575-4545 x 12
erik@goldengatenorth.com

Tell him you got his name from Lincoln vs Cadillac.com!

Single 1/2" chrome mirror tape is what you want-----

yeah, mine all around are getting speckled in spots, guessing that they will start to wear more and more, i'll need to get some tape in the near future. :rolleyes:

Members online

Back