chopped off mufflers

lhrider

LVC Member
Reaction score
did it today and to be truthfull im kinda sketchy on the fact.
im not so impressed with the sound of the exhaust at high rpms. sounds too much like a straight piped chevy truck or something.

so what mufflers would be deep and loud but not pop at high rpms.

also will this affect my engine.
my concerns are the backpressure
and getting warped valves someone told me.
will it make my check engine light come on

thanks

yeah, i dont have any popping noise though? She is loud though! Sounds like a nascar

Go with Borla if you want just a low deep tone at most RPM's. That or the Magnflows.

I have been running open dumped for about 8 months now, no issues. :) I lost a little bottom end, but top seems pretty damn sharp.

If you were leaking badly at the exhaust ports of the heads, then maybe yes adverse effects, but since after cats and o2's. The car doesn't even know anything is really that different

Pretty much. I did up the pipe from resonators back to 2.25", then these magnaflow mufflers:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=7676

And some 3.5" rolled edge angled tips:

tips.jpg

I purchased the magnaflows/tips used from camthman. With labor to install, and the extra piping, it came out to about 300 bucks all together.

you got get Super 40 Series 2.50" DUAL/DUAL mufflers man that sound good

im running it too i love the the way it sounds.Super 40 Series 2.50" DUAL/DUAL what i have on my ls an the muffler stops right before the rear axle

Flow Masters are loud ( dont seem like he wants loud ) and have a funny rasp, almost like not having mufflers anyway.

Flowmasters are an oxymoron. They don't flow for sh*t. I Had them on my 87 LSC for years, then I swapped in some Dynomax UltraFlos and could immediately feel the car pull harder in the mid to upper RPMs.

Like "they" say, loud don't equal fast. :D

Sneaky snake'n it with that uhh kit huh? Still waiting on some info on it!

Anyway, that raspy/metal clanking like sound when it hits higher RPMs dont sound all to hot. Thats what I meant about it sharing that same raspy sound as o mufflers but it does have a ok tone at idle and low RPMs.

Members online

No members online now.
Back