Chicago gas hits $3.33 a gallon! How much are you paying?

Evian

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I know in Europe gas cost a lot more but they get free health care with those huge gas prices. What are we getting? They say that the refinaries can't make enough for demand. My foot. If president bush cared about us. He would have the army core of engineers erecting new refinaries every month. Now I have got to pay $3.33 a gallon. Sorry for boiling over, but I think more Americans need to start complaining. Whats the situation in your area?
:F

I filled up the truck i drive at work and it was 2.65 a gallon, this situation is getting out of hand.

when i when out to drop of my car at my cusinse wanted to park in his garage whyll we get this flash flood here in cleveland

gas was 2.53 a gallon

I paid $2.99/gallon for Shell V Power this afternoon in Springfield, Illinois.

did you know that there is only one state with a gas cap on how mouch they can charg for gas
that is Hawiie did i spell that right lol
you know where ever one goes for the beach
yeah 2.50 befor tax that is there gas cap

I just look at this way I go out to eat one less time a month

I haven’t been out today but it was 2.65 for 90 last night, I noticed that as I was racing a fox body. Obviously has not effected me. "Yet"

bigdog1279 said:
did you know that there is only one state with a gas cap on how mouch they can charg for gas
that is Hawiie did i spell that right lol
you know where ever one goes for the beach
yeah 2.50 befor tax that is there gas cap

The gas cap in Hawaii is actually only a cap on the wholesale cost of gas before tax. There is no cap on what they charge at the pump. There is usually about a $0.12 mark-up from the wholesale price at the pump, but it could be more. When you factor that in and the taxes, Gas is still over $3.00 per gallon.

check this site for info on current prices in Hawaii.
http://www.hawaiigasprices.com/

Gas went up .40 here today and now premium is $3.19 a gallon in west Michigan. I will be parking the Mark VIII here in a week or so until gas gets reasonable again. I am going to look at a beater 80,000 mile 93 Sunbird in a few days that the guy wants $600 for.

i had to pay 2.96 for 91 in nebraska. this is f**king ridiculous. bush is a :q:q:q. his daughters are hot though.

Bush had better order the release of some of the strategic reserves of oil to ease this :bsflag: the price of gas is getting out of hand.

pepperman said:
Bush had better order the release of some of the strategic reserves of oil to ease this :bsflag: the price of gas is getting out of hand.

It's not going to do any good if we can't refine it. The oil companies haven't built a new refinery in 30 years.

2.79 for regular here
3.01 for 92

Thank god i can carpool with the wife now, driving the work truck 60 miles a day when it gets 9mpg HURTS
(no my stupid car isnt road worthy yet, damn brakes)

pepperman said:

The oil reserve is not intended to bring the price of gas down. It is ment for an emergency when we can't get oil and it would threaten our economy. I agree that the gas prices suck, but I don't think that the nation will fail if we have to pay $3 or even $4 a gallon.

I wouldn't blame Bush for the high prices of gas, I would blame the people that are blocking oil drilling in Califonia and Alaska. We can produce our own oil if they would let us drill for it. I agree that we despirately need new and updated refineries, but noone is going to invest unless we can start drilling again.

iojabba said:
The oil reserve is not intended to bring the price of gas down. It is ment for an emergency when we can't get oil and it would threaten our economy. I agree that the gas prices suck, but I don't think that the nation will fail if we have to pay $3 or even $4 a gallon.

I wouldn't blame Bush for the high prices of gas, I would blame the people that are blocking oil drilling in Califonia and Alaska. We can produce our own oil if they would let us drill for it. I agree that we despirately need new and updated refineries, but noone is going to invest unless we can start drilling again.

Bush is behind this insanity! He went on national television to let us know that gas prices are going to go higher that he can't do a thing about it. What a joke! This is America. We can do anything. All we need is the right person behind the wheel. Look at what Franklin Roosevelt did for this country. That was a president. By the time he died, this country was back on its feet and the most powerful nation in the world. We need a president and a congress that isn't for sale. :F

Evian said:
Sorry for boiling over, but I think more Americans need to start complaining.

I work at a full serve gas station, and believe me EVERYBODY COMPLAINS! It isn't possible for more Americans to start complaining! What they need to do is complain at the people responsible for this BULL$HIT. I would love to shove the gas pump up the next person's A$$ who complains to me. They all act like it is my fault, and if I wouldn't get fired over it, I would knock every last one of them SUNSABITCHES out! Believe me, I'm just as pissed about the gas prices as the next guy, but we need to complain to the right people. What really gets me is the guys that pull in with a H2, or an Excursion... :slam :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox:

AHHH.... Now that I have vented I can move on

As gas prices hit new records across the country, the top average price for unleaded regular hit $2.84 in Chicago, according to the Lundberg Survey, which checked fuel prices at 7,000 stations nationwide. That compared with the lowest average -- ironically, $2.45 a gallon in Hurricane Katrina-whipped New Orleans, said the survey, which studied the two weeks ending Aug. 26.

From the Chicago Tribune - 08/30/05

Premium gas went up to $3.49 a gallon here in the Detroit, MI. area today. The way it sounds is that it will keep going up. Might have to park the lincoln and start driving the 4 banger.

marksarcade said:
Premium gas went up to $3.49 a gallon here in the Detroit, MI. area today. The way it sounds is that it will keep going up. Might have to park the lincoln and start driving the 4 banger.

It's going to get worse. CNN is saying that gas will hit $4 a gallon very soon, and that is for regular. I am going to look at a 4 cylinder Sunbird this week an parking the Lincoln for a while.

iojabba said:
The gas cap in Hawaii is actually only a cap on the wholesale cost of gas before tax. There is no cap on what they charge at the pump. There is usually about a $0.12 mark-up from the wholesale price at the pump, but it could be more. When you factor that in and the taxes, Gas is still over $3.00 per gallon.

check this site for info on current prices in Hawaii.
http://www.hawaiigasprices.com/

thanks for the info
still would be nice to have a gas cap like that her aspecial when prices are like 3.33 here or somthing like that you know
but thanks for the infor i didnt know that i was just going by what i heard on the radio thants buddy

Members online

No members online now.
Back