Chicago area BLEND DOOR

Lownslowlsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
For the life of me i can't seem to get out 3 of the blend door screws!!! I've had it with this thing. Been trying for hours. I'm using a standard ratchet wrench.

Is it cuase i wasn't drinking or becuase i'm a total goof and am not using the right tool-s-.

Anyways, Any of you chicago guys want lunch and a 24 pack? Or i'm sure we could work something out. All i need is for you to remove it and put the new one in....AAAAAAAAAAARRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

I'm pretty sure I used a small 1/4' ratchet with a small extension when I did it 4 years ago. It was really crappy though.

Are you using a 3/8 rachet to remove the screws,grab a 1/4 inch with a wobble extension and the size you need should be a 8 or 10mm socket,just be patient and you should get it out

Well im a tard. The first bolt i took out was a 5/16's and figured the rest were aswell. I kept putting it around the bolt and it just wasn't working. I figured their prob 1/4 but it was late to run and get 1 and i was very frustraded.

I'll check it again this weekend.

Seriously i need a chicago area guy to hlep remove/ install my blend door. I have everthing out all i need you for is the acuator.

I'd feel like crap if i put the dash back together with the broken 1 in there.

NAME YOUR PRICE

Where are you located in Chicagoland at?

did you see my reply in your other thread?

yes i did. Though i'm f'ing sick of dealing with them dam bolts. I've tried everthing i no. You wanna help/do it. I'm on the verge of putting everything back together.grr

its just that your too damn far north/east for me to "run over"
dont put it all back together, just dont give up i agree they suck just keep trying different combinations of ratchets/wrenches/sockets/anything

i though you were in rockford? Reguardless, we'll see. I'ts just that i hate seeing my int dismantled with so many other projects in line.

Hell i'll just put the steering wheel back up and drive it to someone.

Id offer to help but Gurnee isnt close to me and I wont have any free time for a couple of weeks.

Id offer to help but Gurnee isnt close to me and I wont have any free time for a couple of weeks.

were in chicago are you. I think if nobodys close to me im gunna have to drive to someone. Have you done 1 before?

I havent actually done one myself, but I did watch my friend do it on his and I assisted where I could.

Im on the northwest side of the city, near IL rt 43 & 19 (Irving Park & Harlem). I do have some time on the weekends that I do not work, but I have to keep myself local in case I have to get back to my house right away (I work from home and do service calls if I have to).

I have done 2. The first one i did i actually had to do twice because i was having the same problem as you describe. When i did it the second time I realized that I forgot to take 2 of the dash panel support bolts out. Just for good measure, go back through the directions and pictures step by step and make sure everything has been done. It sounds dumb, but that was exactly what happened to me. Good luck.

I've been through everything like 5 times. I did re-read the instructions online yesterday and figured thats really the only possible thing i forgot. I plan on peaking in the garage tonight to check those even though im certain i took em' out.

We shall see

Got the old one out and the new one in. I feel like such a goof for not getting the first 2/3, rather simple after a couple beers. The hard rear one wasn't nearly as bad, maybe 15 min. I found it easiest going from the bottom of the dash with the blend door pushed up and right. the bottom was at say, 2 o'clock. Gave me great access. However if you have mitts as hands as i do it could be difficult.

Next weekend i'll Put the steering colum back up and connect all connections and see if it works before i screw everything back in...

phew

Members online

No members online now.
Back