Check Traction Control Error, 97 conti

goyo02

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys and gals,

I just got a 97 Continental, rides great, but everytime I start the car I get a "Check traction control" error. Does anyone have experience with this. Should I get a code scanner to troubleshoot, if so which kind? I have pressed the traction control button, it doesn't do anything. I just have to keep hitting the reset button to clear the message.

Thank you!

take it to autozone and let them hook that scanner thing to it I have a door sensor off on my 97 so im taking it in to the dealership

I have the same problem but mine comes up after you go over 14 miles per hour. I think it could be your traction module. It costs 800 from the dealership.

mark0101 said:
I have the same problem but mine comes up after you go over 14 miles per hour. I think it could be your traction module. It costs 800 from the dealership.

I live in California and probably don't need traction control. Is it possible to just disable it or just turn off the sensor?

Thanks

goyo02 said:
I live in California and probably don't need traction control. Is it possible to just disable it or just turn off the sensor?

Thanks
NO that message is still going to come even if it is disable. I just hate pressing reset all the time. I think I just need to fix my sensor but I don't know how. I live in florida so I don't need it too but it is annoying

Members online

No members online now.
Back