Check engine

I was thinking that was a possibility too.

Either way I guess I'll still be needing another EGR.

It'll be a couple weeks, but I'll post an update once it happens.

Thanks for the help on this everyone, I very much appreciate it.

***Update***

Hey guys, so I'm confident I have it fixed!!

I ended up getting the code from the original EGR - P0108. I just needed to take it for another drive, it literally came on half a block away.

Anyways, I picked up an OEM EGR for $100 or so out of N.C. and had it shipped north..installed it and I now have a good 500km on the car and she is purring like she should be. Power and fuel economy is excellent, throttle responce is back..running like a beaut!!!

Thanks to all who helped, especially Joe! You guys kick a$$!

A couple of months ago, I noticed my 05 LS8 was taking a small hit in fuel mileage and sitting at the signal light the engine idle would bump a bit...Well, a couple of weeks ago, driving home, the CEL came on. Took it to Auto Zone where their scanner through out a P0108 code...First thing I did was replace the air filter, it wasn't bad but due...that didn't fix it...second thing I did was get on this forum and read what some of the other folks found and did to repair it.
Ordered up a Motorcraft EGR valve from RockAuto and then read some more here on the forum.
Install was easy...Note For those worried about breaking the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line tip while cranking on the EGR inlet nut...Just take the damn thing off. It's 2 x 8mm head screws, a wire connector and a vacuum line.
Installed everything back, drove around a few miles but the CEL did not go away. Had my son bring over his scanner and cleared the code.
Gas mileage is back where it should be and while sitting a stop sign, the engine idle is smooth.

A big thanks for those who shared their findings and posting pictures. :)

...Note For those worried about breaking the fuel pressure regulator vacuum line tip while cranking on the EGR inlet nut...Just take the damn thing off. It's 2 x 8mm head screws, a wire connector and a vacuum line....

I think it's a luck of the draw sort of thing. The hard lines on my 06 crumbled at the touch (yes, I was very careful). The hard lines on my 04 were no problem at all (not brittle, still flexible).

Members online

Back