check air suspension!!!!! 95 TC

95towncar

LVC Member
Reaction score
ok so i was getting gas and i started my car and no compressor noise..... hmmmm, i know i have a slow leak in my right rear bag, then my air suspension light came on. poop. and the RR is really sagging so im betting it blew. so im wondering which air bag to coil spring/ coil over is the best for me. im looking for a stiffer ride and ablility to tow a small trailer im going to have my quad and dirt bike on. theres some interesting ones on ebay but let me know! THANKS! :D

i wish they would tell you more about the ride feel and purpose of the spring. i want something pretty heavy duty but nothing extreme

anyone else care to help me out with this? really want something stiffer than the stock bags! and soon please.

Well there should be a coil replacement available. This will firm up the ride.

Call Eddie he's also a member here on the site. Link to his site is in my signature.

I just installed Suncore conversion with shocks.....bought off ebay for $105.00 free shipping. Installed on my 94 town car and no problems......rides little stiffer than it did and might sit a tad higher than normal but that would be great for towing i would think.

Dude don't waste your money on spring conversions unless you plan to get rid of it soon thereafter. Take it from a guy who has owned 5 town cars only two ever rode right my current one (a 1996 memorial tournament edition) and my 1986 sig the 86 had springs but it was designed to and the 96 has air ride. The problem with metal springs is they wear out faster due to the added weight of the town car vs the crown Vic/grand marq. Plus it's only level when the car is empty as soon as you put weight in the trunk or people in the rear it will start sagging and that does two things first it raises your risk of bottoming out and second it puts your headlights out of adjustment also it can cause more swaying in the rear. I had another 1996 that had the spring conversion done on it and the only way I could drive it was to supplement it wit air shocks who's also add a degree of danger to the drive due to the ability of the air to move from one shock to the other in curves. If you need a stronger set of air bags which by the way if you get a set from arnott can handle a pressure of 186psi over twice as much as its normal operating pressure than they make a heavier duty for commercial use they run about $119 the regular set runs for $99 a piece. They also have the complete kit for about 400. All I'm saying is do yourself a favor and keep air ride!

Members online

No members online now.
Back