Cheapest place to get a OEM catalytic converter

ReMiXeDg

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of a catalytic converter for my passenger side where is the best reasonable place to buy OEM catalytic converter from?
For a 2002 lincoln ls v6
Thanks. Would be nice if I can get both for a decent price.

Must be oem or something better that many have used and have good feedback for it

You are looking for 2W4Z-5E212-AA, I think. FordPartsGiant has it for $887 plus shipping. You may be able to find it elsewhere for a little less. Alternately, you might take your chances with a junkyard part.
I don't think you are going to find anything better than the OEM part in aftermarket parts, unless you are only looking for a better price.

Rock Auto is my go to site for parts on any of my cars. Saved over $500 doing lower ball joint and tie rod end myself with the parts from the site.

where is the best reasonable place to buy OEM catalytic converter from?

Must be oem or something better...

ummm, none of those are OEM, and I highly doubt that any of them are any better than OEM let alone as good

Would be nice if I can get both for a decent price.

that shouldn't be a problem as all of the catalytic converters that come on an LS (sometimes three or sometimes just two) are one piece, they are either joined together at the third cat or they are joined together by a stamped piece of metal around both pipes

82E18B64-3D78-41A2-9FD4-71355249548B-11353-0000066A41E56E3F_zpse6f77b92.jpg

If you go with aftermarket, make certain it's a 3 way cat, not a 2 way. I've had good luck with Dynomax converters in the past, but I also know folks who had problems. Walker also sells OEM style cats for a fair price.

Quick question I had engine code saying bad cat on passenger side before even egr valve code when I clean egr valve then I reset computer the code never came up after I drove about 150 miles street and high way. Then the alternator died so I got it replace free I don't know what they did to fix it but I also got a new battery and now it's running like a champ no signs of bad cat other than it looks like it's clogged the right side muffle spits water and smoke out but the right dosent spit anything out at all.

Is this bad can I still drive the car like this.

Thanks I plan to do a lot of work to this car like coils , plugs , valve cover gaskets , the cats , fuel filter etc little work here and there other than that I think the motor is fine and he body is perfect

That water is just condensation in the system. It happens mainly in high humidity situations.

That water is just condensation in the system. It happens mainly in high humidity situations.

thanks..

and what can be the problem with only smoke / water or even pressure of air only coming out the driver side and nothing with the passenger side

thanks..

and what can be the problem with only smoke / water or even pressure of air only coming out the driver side and nothing with the passenger side

There is a crossover pipe so something should be exiting both sides. At idle you shouldn't feel a whole lot of pressure. Plug the driver's side exhaust and see if the engine dies. If it does the passenger side probably has a restriction. If you hit the passenger side cat with a rubber mallet (or give it a good whack with your hand) can you hear it rattle?

I need two cats as well. mine we're both wrecked from all the unburnt fuel. I put on a full exhaust and haven't had an inspection performed yet. Wondering why my check engine never came up after cat delete, another thing to check I suppose.

im considering just redoing the whole exhaust ..

can someone link me to the right kit for magnaflow with the catbacks? are the catbacks with magnaflows kit good and worth it?

would this kit be good for a 2002 v6 lincoln lse?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/171478600504?lpid=82

thanks and sorry for being a bratt

You do realize a cat-back is just the exhaust from the catalytic converters rearward and does NOT include the cats, yes?

That price is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! They sell for $700ish normally. You would do much better to go to a local muffler shop and have them build a system for you. That should be in the $300-$500 range.....

That price is OUTRAGEOUS!!!!! They sell for $700ish normally. You would do much better to go to a local muffler shop and have them build a system for you. That should be in the $300-$500 range.....

yeah, it is way high, hell if you look under that add, you can see a bunch for around $900 but the ones i clicked on all said only V8. is there even really a difference between the two? and if there is, I would just buy the V8 version anyway, and have the shop putting it on do whatever custom fitting needed to make it happen, it will certainly still be way less that that ungodly overpriced version...

I got 2 Walker cats for my LS for $500, they came in the mail the other day

teforne - I'm curious to see how that works out for you... please advise!

ever since I put the magnaflows on, my LS backfires when I let off the throttle after being wide open.. ppl behind me say it looks cool but I cant help feel like its doing damage. should prob tune it lol

I got 2 Walker cats for my LS for $500, they came in the mail the other day

I, too, would be very interested in hearing how this swap comes out. I feel I have some sort of restriction there just from the poorer fuel mileage.

I'll let you know when they finally get put on. Dont know when that will be though tbh, was on the way to the shop to get the converters put on when i heard loud clanking then something break underneath the car and it shut off, tried cranking it up again but sounded like something horrible was goin on under the car :confused:

Hmmm.. driveshaft? wow that sucks man sorry to hear it. hope she pulls through.

wont be finding out if they work or not, find out my engine has been blown :(

teforne - I'm curious to see how that works out for you... please advise!

ever since I put the magnaflows on, my LS backfires when I let off the throttle after being wide open.. ppl behind me say it looks cool but I cant help feel like its doing damage. should prob tune it lol

Something is wrong. That shouldn't happen.

Something is wrong. That shouldn't happen.

agreed. this was ever since putting in CAI and full magnaflows and removing CATS.... I can almost make it happen on command by going into SST and letting off the gas when I shift up.

thoughts?

agreed. this was ever since putting in CAI and full magnaflows and removing CATS.... I can almost make it happen on command by going into SST and letting off the gas when I shift up.

thoughts?

That........ My daughter's '00 has a CAI, a tune and the Magnaflow cat-back and doesn't do anything like this. There is no reason to remove the catalytic converters from modern cars. They are nothing like the early, very restrictive examples. When Magnaflow was using my (now my daughter's) 2000 to prototype their cat-back system I asked about replacing the factory cats with high-flow cats. They told me that wouldn't help as (even then) the factory units were already of a high-flow design. There would be no flow benefit. This from someone who had something to gain from a sale (even though the exhaust system was free I would have had to pay for the cats).

Members online

No members online now.
Back