Cheap air conditioning compressor

bobsquatch

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I installed one of those super cheap reman AC compressors from Amazon today. We will see how it goes. Joegr has had bad results when he experimented with one so I will report my experience. I got mine on Amazon from Ac Compressor World SKU: 77549-KIT2 ASIN: BO72DX2XGP Says both remanufactured and new in description. Looks new. Kit came with compressor, drier PAG46 oil, expansion valve and Orings for $139.99 shipped. I installed 6OZ of oil in compressor and the drier. I had the system evacuated charged and leak tested without flushing for an additional $189.10 because I need the car this week. At 79F ambient high side reads 185psi low side 41 psi. 47F at the cabin duct. Seems ok. I have a 250 mile desert trip this weekend and will report back.

AC didn't work when I bought the car but the compressor was working but leaking oil when I added refrigerant so I left it INOP. When I replaced it there was no debris or black death so I preceded. Stock compressor likely only needs resealing with a few Orings so I will soon have a factory spare. We will see how it goes.

Usually, it's the o-ring for the scroll control valve. It's an odd shape, but there are a couple of sources for it.

250 desert miles behind me at 104 degrees max. So far so good. Between the ac and the seat coolers we were comfortable despite the all black interior.

Members online

No members online now.
Back