charging problems and wierd things

20BlackLS00

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So i have a 250 amp alt, 2 batteries+ a kinetik 2400. When idling im doing 11.8 v's, i rev it i get kinda a wierd noise but there is no stereo on its kind of like a ground loop. When sitting in park and or driving for that matter if i go over 3000 rpm's my gauge lights shut off, heated seat lights and window lights... Headlights and everything else stays on. When i do rev it the dome lights get brighter. I didnt drive the car yesterday and today i go to drive because my mustang has no engine in it at all. So now im relying on this car at all times, so if anyone knows what my problem might be please let me know so i dont end up carless right now. Also my check charging system light came on as well, i just hope this doesnt hurt any of my batteries or amps somehow. If anyone knows what this problem is please help me out. I think its probably the alternator but then why would the dome lights get brighter and then the gauges and other lights just shut off...especailly only when the engine is past 3000rpms

check the battery ground strap. If you haven't change it - it goes from the negative terminal to a bolt in the trunk panel (about a foot away) for grounding.

If you leave it off or loose - the car behaves just like you are describing.

charging prob?no problem.

the ground thing is the most important thing to ck first all batterys must have a frame AND a body ground,low charge on idle is nothing new it is a high output alt,the only way i have found to fix this is to mount a ford electronic regulator to the auto,ive done this to lots of limos with the hirth regulator on them.most cars electric systems wont accept the up-date,why?hmmmm good question,most of the systems are run by the computer,and they dont like it at all.but i go around it to make the high output alt work,it always puts out 14.5 to 14.8 volts on idle.
hope i helped you.
jon

Members online

No members online now.
Back