Chapter Leaders

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who wants to lead this chapter?

Id like to see a president and a vp.

Basically you'll be helping me set up the chapter, how things should work, etc.

VOlunteers? Nominations?

With as many members that we have in the Midwest and close to the Chicago area I guess I wouldn't be much help as a Leader living 3+hrs away.

But I would like to be able to help set up meets or I am always full of Ideas.

So count me in somehow.

I'd like to help as much as I can but I'm really swamped with personal issues right now so let me know what I can do.

What would be the requirements or role of the lead -

This might help get someone to jump in. The one thing the Leader will know is he has lots of support from the Midwest as this is one great group of Lincoln and Caddy owners.

Well, I dont know exactly......... This is all new.........

Maybe it would be better for me to ask you all what the job should entail..... What kind of things should the chapter leaders do?

Well, first off we should have a monthly or bi-monthly meeting. Nothing all stupid and mandatory like some crazy secret society, but like a breakfast/lunch where we all meet up like the third saturday of every month at a standard place to figure out shows, track times, and of course, drink like fish. What would be great is setting up track times where we could get in for cheap, and run our cars. I know a lot of Mustang clubs do that.

Thats not necessarily a bad idea -- doesnt old school do something like that?

Something similar, yes. There would be time set aside to see what the plans are for the month, people would bring in fliers for shows they saw, or just if they know where they're at, etc...

One thing I think the chapter leaders should do is arrange for local membership advertising.. For example, getting the chapter members to place business cards in local detail shops -- thats something only people local can do..........

Part of my plan is to eventually hold contests between chapters - such as most New members in a month --- with a prize, etc etc........

I won't mind stepping up to the plate if you guys don't mind a person with a bad temper and an attitude to back it up. I personally don't think that's what the club needs but it seems like most of you are just sitting by the side waiting for things to happen instead of making them happen. Well, I won't stand for things like that because if you want a club you have to be able to contribute to it. Even if its just supporting the group at events. None of the crap where we set a date for an event and everybody wants to come but day by day as the date gets closer people keep coming up with lame excuses on why they can't show up......Sorry, I guess I'm just venting on the subject.

Joeychgo said:
yeah but to some extent thats the attitude thats needed..........
But at the same time I'm not afraid to tell someone exactly how I feel about them. In situations like that I'm capable of making enemies and destroying the whole chapter, but hell, if its attitued you want I have plenty to spread!!!

point was that we need a few people who will make things happen and get things done

I'd like to do it but I am 3+ hours away from the largest part of the group.

Once a month would be too much for me but once every two months would be easier for me to do.

I do want to be involved, but do to my distance I am not sure what I can do.

If we could move meetings to Milwaukee or Rockford or a bit closer it would be easier for me.

Well Joey, looks like you have two people willing to give it a try!!!

Well - there is more to do then just meet in person mespock. For example, when new members join, someone should be contacting them offering them to Join the Chapter..... (Im in the process of being able to seperate new registrations by state) - there is also alot of cheerleading on the site to do getting people to show up at meets, welping with the chapter website (im working on that for the Midwest now), etc......

Also, once we have all the chapters set its also my plan for the leaders of each chapter to sit on an advisory board for the whole site, kinda like a board of directors.

The basic idea in my head is that the chapters run like mini clubs - drawing members, organizing events, etc.

That's why we all get together for a breakfast somewhere and talk about what to do. We'll meet in person, see who's got the real personality to do this, and go for it.

Oh, im all for the monthly breakfasts........ But those are something everyone cant attend ---

WHat should a chapter accomplish in all of your opinions? I have a good start - but want to hear from you guys.

Joeychgo said:
Oh, im all for the monthly breakfasts
Mmmmmmmmm Fooooooooooooooood!!!

All I'm going to say is that all of this don't mean squat if people aren't willing to come out and participate.

Let me ask you guys something. How many people are part of the Midwest?
Now, how many people showed up on Saturday? I think I can count a total of 10 cars (8 in the pictures) and 8 actual members. What kind of turnout is that?

Jibit said:
Mmmmmmmmm Fooooooooooooooood!!!

All I'm going to say is that all of this don't mean squat if people aren't willing to come out and participate.

Let me ask you guys something. How many people are part of the Midwest?
Now, how many people showed up on Saturday? I think I can count a total of 10 cars (8 in the pictures) and 8 actual members. What kind of turnout is that?
True - but people also have to be encouraged........... Some people have to come from a distance and wont make many meets.

Unfortunately, I dont know how many are in the midwest as many people didnt complete the LOCATION part of their profile. I am in the process of rectifying that now so that new members HAVE to choose the state they live in, just for the purpose.

as far as how many are in the midwest - I can search and get some results....... There are about 50 in IL alone.........

One job of the chapter leaders would be to try to get these people active on the site and active in the chapter.......... Alot of emails probably over 100 jsut for our chapter.......... We would want to get these people posting on the site now and then, coming to meets, etc.

Its too much for me to do the whole country like this, so I need to rely on chapter leaders to try to keep people active both on the site and comig to meets, etc.... Plus I think it would be more effective to have people more local

Joeychgo said:
True - but people also have to be encouraged...........
Are you telling me that coming to meet with a bunch of great people isn't encouraging? Maybe not, but don't say you're going to show up and then don't and don't even notify anyone that you're not.

How do you go about encouraging people to come out to a meet? Its nothing more than getting together with people of the same interest.

I would only expect people that had to travel great distances to show up to one or two meets.

You can't tell me that we don't have more local people. Even so, Bryan and Rich drove 3-4 hours to get here that night and then they drove back!

Last edited:
You gotta make sure people don't feel all shiatty about not going though... Then they won't want to come ever.

No, I understand what your saying Dave - IM saying people sometimes have to be encouraged to participate. Once they do participate, then they will probably continue to do so......... Maybe with gentle nudging along the way.

Why is this important? Beyond the obvious reaons, One reason is that the more people that are involved, the more I can do as benefits. For example. If we routinely had 30-40 people showing up at meets, I could have Meguires stop at a meet and give us all a lesson in detailing our cars, providing free samples to everyone, etc. They wont do that for 10 people.

CaptainZilog said:
You gotta make sure people don't feel all shiatty about not going though... Then they won't want to come ever.

Agreed. Thats why I said encourage people to come. Believe me, more with sugar then vinager

Members online

Back