Changing paint

special02LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just curious of all the peeps that have had LSs painted, I'm thinking of going from the maroon to the ceramic white, any opinions or stories of paint jobs?

Haven't had a whole car painted but ceramic white, F6, is very nice!

so is it going to be maroon when you pop the hood open on the white car?

A complete color change is expensive as hell, I have painted, and had someone else paint a few cars of mine in the past and 2 doors aren't that bad, the jambs are the pricey part. Do it yourself, or pay a lot to have it done...... If the color you are changing to is close and you don’t mind the difference when the doors or trunk or hood is open go for it...if not the amount of work is huge, which= $$$ if you have someone else do it and time if you do it. I did the jambs, trunk, and under hood of my old Chevy myself, and paid a shop to paint the rest. It was the best compromise I found...But I also stripped the entire car, and I mean entire car down to the bare body myself

Someone had the whole vehicle painted with door jambs included to a different color for $1200. So its all about who you know.

Changing colors is an expensive process especially going from a dark to a white, and having a professional do it right. Probably cheaper to find a ceramic white LS for sale...couldn't hurt to have 2, haha.

Maybe down the road I'm going to repaint my car, but the same color. It is black now, but it has its fair share of small scratches and imperfections. I can't imagine a good once over with the same color and a few clear coats can cost that much.

I hear ya about the door jambs, that makes the price jump considerably. Luckily I love back cars am sticking with it.

after my white (F6) my next color choice for an LS would have been Maroon, followed by black and silver.

A complete color change is expensive as hell......

Ditto! I was quoted ~$10K for a total paint job. That included removing the windows, trim, painting under the hood, under the deck lid, door jambs, etc.

'Ya get what you pay for. I'm sure Earl Scheib will paint any car any color for $399.99.

vinyl can never look as deep or as glossy as a great paint job.

and even if you wrap an entire car, you will still see all the old paint in the door jambs and under the hood.

Ditto! I was quoted ~$10K for a total paint job. That included removing the windows, trim, painting under the hood, under the deck lid, door jambs, etc.

'Ya get what you pay for. I'm sure Earl Scheib will paint any car any color for $399.99.

Thats twice as much as what it really costs.

well my of my good friends does custom paint jobs on hot rods and such around here and is head paint and body for our local chevy dealership and does outstanding work...he did my grill, plate surround, and the chrome around the car all for 100 since we are buds so it will be interesting to see what he quotes me on the paint job..if its not worth it he is gonna cut and buff my car to get swirls out and he only charging me $50!! haha

Members online

No members online now.
Back