change of plans

spraymax

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
after a whole lot of thoght and research lately i had to answer myself honestly what's the point of doing a teksid 5.1 stroker dohc 500 hp n/a setp in a 4000 lb. atomatic car and after seeing what others are doing over at the corral with their n/a projects really put things into perspective for me

i got too caght up in the moment and didn't give it nearly enough thought as to what am i really trying to accomplish here, mark 8's are not cobras and i really don't want to build something that is extremly unpractical and expensive and in the end won't be all that fast anyways

i am now looking at a mmr ford racing aluminum long block stroker 5.3 with a Naz heads and cams combo and a vortech v4 for a serious midrange and most importantly drivable car with way more power for about another 5k, this seems way more reasonable to me than eeking every last hp out of a small teksid platform

i apologize for talking before i did all my research and will keep you guys updated on the progress, thanks

Bruce

I know what your saying but part of the reason many of us are here is because these cars are not not Mustangs. It's about buillding something different and the extra challenge of making these cars fast.

Still sounds like a nice combo though. Good luck with it and definitely post some updates and track times when it's done.

bruce im in the same boat hows the progress

a little slow at the moment, i own my own industrial painting business and it's as slow this year as it's ever been but i'm optimistic and persistent as humanly possible

this project will set me back about 30 thousand but i think it will be worth every penny, i like this car alot and plan on keeping it indefinantly so i just want to do it right

same here im looking to keep it around a VERY LONG TIME

for those who are interested here's a look at what it takes to make 537 n/a whp

big props to Naz :cool:

Carlos Nazario aka Nazman, aka Stang32v Dyno Numbers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Nazario (Nazman) does it again! Naz and John Tymenski at Modular Performance went all out this time building a high compression 4.6L based 322ci big bore/stroker that runs on a 50/50 mix of MS109 race fuel and 93 octane pump gas.

With a set of well ported heads and some of Johns magic camshafts the resulting SAE power at the rear wheels is 537/403! at 7500 RPM. The engine was still climbing but some issues with the tune: 23 degrees timing and no a/f readout limited runs to 7500 RPM. Combo will peak around 550hp at 8000 RPM and is 8500 capable.

Worth noting is that everyone at this level has resorted to carburation while Naz is still injecting an FR500 intake. Naz is also utilizing basic 03+ C heads while others have resorted to more exotic Cobra R/GT/GT500 cylinder heads. Also worth noting is Naz is the only person in this territory with a 4.6L based block.

On to the combo:

JLT Ram Air
SET 2400 MAF
FR500 Intake Manifold
39lb Terminator Injectors
Dual GT Fuel Pumps with dual -8 Line & Dual FPDM (fuel pump driver modules)
CNC Ported 03+ Heads (330+/240+CFMs @ .500)
Custom Billet Cams by John at MP
+1mm Oversize Valves
LSX Comp Behive Valve Springs
Comp Camponents Billet Fully Adjustable Cam Gears
Billet Timing Sprocket
Iron Boss 5.0 Block
322CI
3.700 Bore
3.750 Stroke
Custom Kellogg Forged Crank (Fully Counterweighted)
Oliver Billet Rods w/ARP 2000 Rod Bolts
Custom Diamond Pistons (Domed 12.9:1CR) by MP
Total Seal "Zero" Gap Rings
King & HP Race Series Main and Rod Bearings
Stock Style Melling Oil Pump with Billet Gears
ATI Super Damper
All ARP Hardware (main, rods, studs, cams, etc)
Electric Water Pump
1 3/4" Kooks Headers
Pro-Motion 750 TR3650 Transmission
Clutch Masters High RPM Pressure Plate with Carbon Ceramic Disc
Solid Differential w/4.56 Gears
Tune by Don at LaSota Racing

Car went 127MPH @ 3600LBS on a break-in tune (23 deg of timing). Easy 130+MPH all motor capable.

also....

check out this crazy 5.4 wOw

Originally Posted by tmhutch
9100 rpm 615 rwhp!

Let's take a look at the combo:

850 CFM Holley Carburetor
Sullivan Single Plane Intake Manifold
Ported 05+ GT 4v Cylinder Heads
Proprietary .480 Lift Camshaft
Crank Driven Distributor
5.4L GT Aluminum Block
Stock 5.4L Cast Iron Crank
Custom Aluminum Rods
Diamond Flat Top Forged Aluminum Pistons

Congratulations to John for owning the top spot on the list!

And so many think a cast crank is crap.

On the other hand, Mod Mustang Racing seems to be getting about 2200 HP from their turbo builds. Speed costs, how fast do you want to go?
KS

Good luck with the build.

I'm glad you decided to go with boost. This N/A field was beginning to get crowded. :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back