Center Console

mistermaclincoln

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how and were to start to remove the center console on a Mark VIII LSC. I don't want to break anything.

pop the shifter trim piece nd there should be 4 screws holding the upper trim piece and the front of the center console. there are 2 more screws in the console storage compartment. you will have to lift out the rubber piece lying at the bottom to see them. pop out the upper trim and remove the console from the car. just be carefull. these things are old a brittle.

Dash Removal 95 LSC

what year, 1st and 2nd gen are a little different.

Hey Jamie,

Can you tell me any of the pitfalls for the dash removal on a 95 LSC? I am trying to get to the heater core and wanted to know if you have to remove the whole dash to get to the heater core.

I thank you in advance.

Yes you do. You need to pick yourself up a service manual. It will save you alot of trouble.

Now that is not a good start to the weekend.:) Do you know of any pitfalls that I might encounter?

Removing the center console is rather easy on a Gen1. The center shifter bezel is held in with snaps. Slowly pry on in with a flat head screwdriver and it will pop out. That will expose a couple of phillips head screws holding the front of the center console to the radio face bezel. Then in the arm rest storage, there are a couple more screws, and the the center should come out.

Members online

Back