cd player

cuda2003

LVC Member
Reaction score
:confused: I just purchased my second Mark viii a 1998 collectors edition. The jbl system is the same as my 1996 anniversary edition with a tape player and cd . The problem I have is although the 1998 has a cd button on the counsel there is no disk changer to be found anywhere. I'm no electronic guru so any help on how to get the cd player to function would be helpful. I really dont want replace the jbl system to and after market deck. confused in canada lol Thanks Ross

I believe the 98 models moved the cd changer from the drivers rear corner of the trunk, to below the third taillight. It was likely removed because it didn't work or it was in the way and not needed. I bet you'll find the connector for it tucked away somewhere.

Purchase a used working one and replace it.

Cuda,

The head unit that you have is the same as cars equipped with the trunk mounted CD Change ! You would need two factory harnesses for the installation of a trunk mounted CD Changer !

Good Luck,
Sonny

it sounds like someone took it out, or the car came factory with a single cd in dash unit, and someone swapped the radio with a cassette, seen it a million times. the 98's came different ways as far as where the changer was, some have them where they always were, left rear corner, or under the package tray, they also came factory with a 10 disc or a thinner smaller 6 disc. look around the trunk under the rug and see if you can find the stock changer harness, most likely it is on the left side behind the air suspension switch door, see if someone tucked it back there. if it is there, start looking for a used unit, you'll find one. or you can keep everything you have now, and just go with an FM modulated changer like the pioneer one i have in my 93, stock jbl system, with a pioneer 10 disc changer in the trunk still, some people dont like FM modulated changers but mine sounds like any other one i have ever heard.

Members online

No members online now.
Back