CD Error (CD's do not eject)

Chip3130

LVC Member
Reaction score
Car: Lincoln LS 2002 V8 3.9L Silver

I had problems with my indash (stock) 6 CD changer before. All of them were little CD jams that I easily removed by lifting the CD that was caught with another CD.

A few days ago, I got another jam, the CD was stuck this time. The old CD trick wasn't working, so I used tweezers to remove the CD that was stuck in the slot. Even with the CD removed, the CD entrance is still open, and doesn't eject any CDs, also it says the CD Slots are still full. Can't be true since i just removed the stuck one.

In a nutshell, The cd changer isn't functional, although the radio is working perfectly.

Anyone have a similar problem? How did you fix it? Advice?

Search around next time before you post...

But yes very common. your options are:

Replace with aftermarket (most popular... and can be cheaper)

Find a salvage one

Send yours off to be fixed (not worth it)

Titanium%20Sledge%20Hammer.jpg

or do as G-RELL said.

Titanium sledge hammers work everytime...unfortunately your CD changer wont work when you are done.

try pulling the fuse it should be number 18. You have a 50/50 shot of it working (Deja Vu?????? I feel like I just typed this.)

try pulling the fuse it should be number 18. You have a 50/50 shot of it working (Deja Vu?????? I feel like I just typed this.)

This actually worked!!!

Pulled the fuse, started the engine, turned off the engine, and put the same fuse back in (as it wasn't blown). Turned the car on, the CD cover closed, the discs were being read and now working again!

Sticky this thread!

Thanks a lot!

Glad to hear it worked. Kudos to Cmack. I would have thought it was dead as well.

This actually worked!!!

Pulled the fuse, started the engine, turned off the engine, and put the same fuse back in (as it wasn't blown). Turned the car on, the CD cover closed, the discs were being read and now working again!

Sticky this thread!

Thanks a lot!
Fast forward to 2018; This worked for me. I hope it lasts a good long time. The quality of a cd vs. the fm stereo is just night and day. Folks have said it's not worth fixing but I like originality in these "old" cars. I had to pull the fuse and repeat the process several times until the unit appeared to reset. Thanks.

Jeez. Lincoln/Jaguar really said "Fuck your mechanic" with this one. Even with the seat all the way back is a PITA for a fella my size to get down in there. Nevertheless, tried it 3 times, but I could never get the radio to "reset", and everytime I got to the "initializing" section, it'd throw the CD error back at me. So I think that my unit's got the sad's.

Jeez. Lincoln/Jaguar really said "Fuck your mechanic" with this one. Even with the seat all the way back is a PITA for a fella my size to get down in there. Nevertheless, tried it 3 times, but I could never get the radio to "reset", and everytime I got to the "initializing" section, it'd throw the CD error back at me. So I think that my unit's got the sad's.
Mine's doing the same thing, pretty sure you got to find the ribbon cable off the back of the radio and plug it back in from what I've read. However I haven't used a CD since 2008 so I'm just going to replace my whole head unit with an aftermarket screen one to get rid of that annoying CD error message, LOL

Members online

Back