Cat Back for 03+

Smokey said:
Does anyone have any personal knowledge or reports on this system?

The reason I am wondering is it list for an 02-03 on the manufacture's website. I thought the 03+ were different than previous years.

http://www.bbexhaust.com/New/bbmain.asp?page=ls.html

http://proficientperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PP&Category_Code=bb_car_catback_lincoln

If i were you I would just have a custom mandrel bent exhaust fabbed for your car. The whole system including mufflers (depending on which brand) shouldn't cost more than $550-$600.

I agree with Rocket, I just had my 04 exhaust done with X-pipe 2.25" piping and Magnaflow mufflers and Magnaflow tips for under $400.

Personally, I'd spend my $400 on something else. That's a lot of money to spend on something that will, at most, gain you 5hp. That's why Magnaflow made one and only one exhaust for the '03-'06 LSes--they have a very free-flowing exhaust from the factory.

thats why i did the exhuast last, I have all performance bolt on mods available for the 03+ LS. (minus SC or nitrous) I did the exhaust more for the sound, mine isnt obnoxiously loud, just deep. It did also get me up to 27mpg on the highway up from 26 :D

The sound is what I was looking for, not performance. I know it's a Luxury Sport vehicle but it needs a little more growl to it when you put your foot in it. I do not want it load or obnoxious though, just a little more throaty sound is all.
I have a very good exhaust shop nearby, just unsure of what mufflers to put on. I have heard the Flowmaster 40s on a 4.6L Vic and they are too loud for what I am looking for.

Smokey said:
The sound is what I was looking for, not performance. I know it's a Luxury Sport vehicle but it needs a little more growl to it when you put your foot in it. I do not want it load or obnoxious though, just a little more throaty sound is all.
I have a very good exhaust shop nearby, just unsure of what mufflers to put on. I have heard the Flowmaster 40s on a 4.6L Vic and they are too loud for what I am looking for.
Then Magnaflow is what you want I heard Greyghosts' car a week or so ago and It sound Very good! pretty quiet @ an idle but when he gave it gas it sounded good not loud like a mustang.

Smokey said:

Try a CAI first. They give a lot of growl when you romp on it but are pretty tame sounding when off the gas. The best of both worlds IMO. I just finished the custom CAI for the 2005 LS tonight and once I got it all powdercoated I will post a pic or two of it. Two versions will be offered, but I wont get into the details of that now. Take care and have fun modding. ;)

Rob

Members online

No members online now.
Back