Cartier questions

95ltc

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Do all the Cartiers have the rear vanity mirrors? Also, i heard they used real wood trim. At least for the 95-97's

I have a '92 Cartier and there is no real wood anywhere in it, all plastic. The only vanity mirrors I have are on the windshield visors.

Yeah I believe that the 90-97 Town Cars never had rear vanity mirrors, the only american car during that time that offered them were the 1993-96 Cadillac Fleetwood Broughams and I believe the 1989-93 Cadillac Sixty Specials (FWD) had them too.

I have seen a 92 cartier on ebay with them, but it could have been after market.

Yeah thats right, the 89-93 Fleetwoods and Sixty Specials had em, and the 1991-96 Buick Park Avenue Ultra had em too, along with the W140 M-B S Classes. Thats all I can remember from that era.

The 1995-97 Lincoln Town Car Cartier came standard with rear vanity visors, as well as special colour wood (rosewood). It also came in exclusive colours (among them, pearl white, ivory, and burgundy). It also came with the upgraded engine w/dual exhausts.

I knew i wasnt crazy, thats it, the next tc im getting is a Cartier.

One of our Town Cars is a '96 Cartier. There was no "standard" rear vanity mirrors uless you bought the L version (limo with 6" longer wheelbase). There is no wood trim anywhere in the vehicle. It did come with dual exhausts, though. Also, my wife chose one of the "reserved for Cartier" colors - Champagne (a perlescent light tan).

My boss has a '97 Cartier, and it doesnt have rear vanity mirrors. It does have dual exhaust and the "plastic wood" pieces in the interior. Also, on the door handles(the strap) it says Cartier.

DSCN0128_640x478.jpg

92SedandeVille-TownCar94 said:
1996 Town Car > 96 Fleetwood Brougham

i much prefer the towncar, but the fleetwood had some cool :q:q:q:q in it. like massaging seats!

Nakoa said:
i much prefer the towncar, but the fleetwood had some cool :q:q:q:q in it. like massaging seats!

They dont have massaging seats, i think the road was just bumpy!

There was no "L" version of the Town Car in 1996. Lincoln didn't come out with an extended wheelbase version of the TC until 2000. That version had the extended doors, and the extended "B" pillar as well (regular sized rear windows). The 03-present "L" had the regular "B" pillar, and also elongated doors and rear windows. The 2000-3 version featured hidden rear-seat controls in the armrest (which can be deactivated by pressing the "3" and the "5" radio presets at the same time), which were moved out in the open with the '03 redesign (the armrest was redesigned as well).

I may have been thinking about the 1997 version, that came with rear vanity mirrors.

The Cartier did, in fact, come with the special-coloured "Rosewood" interior wood trim, as to differentiate it from the other trim levels (Executive and Signature). Unfortunately, the Cartier name went away in the 2004 model year, replaced by the "Ultimate" moniker, which was around for two model years. Now the top of the line model is the "Signature L" model.

Looks like you did alot of recearch. One day ill have to get a Cartier, they just seem better than the other models.

they were never standard on any edition, except maybe L's. ive seen then on 95-97 special editions and very rarely seen them in 98-02s.

rear vanitys are one of those things that are re-fckin-tarded to have, and do you no good as a driver, but still kind of cool to have.(kind of like a wood dash or memory seats :) )

i wish mine had heated seats, cold mornings would be so much more enjoyable. not much comapres to the rudness of sitting on 28 degree leather seats when you first wake up and have to be at work in 10 minutes.

the caddy im going to look at doesnt have seat heaters either. hmm. i guess thats a step to to the right then. haha.

Yeah, the mirrors are just to show of I guess, because how many other cars have them.

forget the cartier though, everyone has one of those. get a 98 signature touring edition and have one of the baddest cars on the road. thats what i started off hoping to get. all the chrome belly band is painted to match the car(the onyl chrome on the touring edition is the grille, license plate surround and the wheels). the one i looked at was white pearlescent, greay interior, heated seats, perforated leather, black wood, sunroof, cd player, moon roof, special wheels, sportier rear end gears, dual exhaust.... god i wish i could have snagged that one. theres a guy out here with one that is all black. talk about sexy. id take one of those over a cartier any day.

yeah,s o did my 90 sig. lincoln has been real flakey with keeping their exhaust systems consistent throughout the line up. one year the sig will have it standard, and the next it wont. only the cartier. and then back to the sig having duals again.

I'd love and use those mirrors. I'm an OLD type (46 y.o.) car-nut gangster with a paid driver and an attitude. I'm in the process of mounting optional 450SEL rear headrests and electric recline in my Mercedes for that very reason.

I ride in the BACK when I feel like it. Generally not alone. That Gentlemen, is what owning a Town Car is ABOUT.

In my opinion EVERY TownCar owner should spend a week in Detroit and a week in New Orleans... and I'm not talking the "nice" parts of either town. Riding fat and heavy with a couple of large and very dangerous men or a driver in front and a very friendly woman in back makes your car smile.

Members online

No members online now.
Back