Carburating a 95 4.6

Chromebrow

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know a guy who is using our 4.6 in a custom classic (50's Ford) He states he has found a place that makes a kit to mount 3 2bbl carbs or 6 1bbl carbs on top on our engine.
Has anyone here heard of this? I searched for a bit and found nothing here.

He is planning to strip all computer aspects from the 4.6 and go old school with it.

What do you think? Any info or pics of anyone who has done this?

I've seen several hot rods at shows in various versions, both EFI and carb'd Mark VIII engines. I know Sullivan makes an intake that will take a carb and Kinsler has Individual Throttle Body kits, but I don't think I've ever seen 8 single barrel carbs.

I'll keep up with him and snap a few pics when he gets it together. Not sure when that will be, he's got a couple projects he's working on now that its summer.

I've seen several hot rods at shows in various versions, both EFI and carb'd Mark VIII engines. I know Sullivan makes an intake that will take a carb and Kinsler has Individual Throttle Body kits, but I don't think I've ever seen 8 single barrel carbs.

i have seen a few carb'd motors too. but never paid attention. i like EFI much better.

These motor are such small CI I don't get why you would want to carb one I would only want in my 68 if it was forced induction

These motor are such small CI I don't get why you would want to carb one I would only want in my 68 if it was forced induction

+1

FWIW
Sullivan intake is for c heads.
Kinsler stuff.....sweet.
Hogan = $$$$$

A carbd 4.6L can actually make more power than EFI even without forced iduction.

Plus you dont have to mess with computers...bascially you can do the same as you can do with a small block chevy. Id rather put a carbd 4.6 in a 1930 ford coupe versus a chevy engine.

Members online

Back