Car shakes in the morning?

Its all good.. Im not to worried about it (HIM..) .. He's got a lot to turn. Funny the guy who couldn't change a spark plug when he first showed up here is now an expert on all makes and models (insert Dunn smart ass quote:)

I'm sure HE'LL be gone soon... My fault for helping him in the past I guess

Lol, never claimed to be an expert buddy. I still don't know how to change a spark plug, probably never will. Take it to a shop, get it fixed, move on. I can identify certain problems though with this car, because I've had them all. Also, never said I was an expert on all makes and models. I appreciate your past help (you were one of the ones I pointed out in my goodbye thread). Don't appreciate some of the a$s hole remarks you have made toward me since I got rid of the LS. Don't be bitter.

Bitter of what... the VW?!? Right on... You can say whatever you want, but I wont let you make false or unfounded comments without saying something....

LOL op hope this helps with your shaking problem.

OP: the symptoms are fairly odd. check basic maintenance issues and if there are not any glaring issues and nothing resolves the issue then take it to lincoln and get it diagnosed. bring their diagnosis here and people should be able to help you further.

So I just had all plugs, coils, and valve cover gaskets replaced. The damn car still shakes. The mechanic mentioned something before the MAF being bent so he tried to straighten it. He also mentioned it was throwing a o2 sensor code. He just told me to drive it and see what happens. Just spent $1000 on the coils and plugs and starting to get aggravated about this shaking. It is only in the morning that it does this.
Someone mentioned pcv, should this have been done at the same time as coils? Is this something easily accessible?

OP: the symptoms are fairly odd. check basic maintenance issues and if there are not any glaring issues and nothing resolves the issue then take it to lincoln and get it diagnosed. bring their diagnosis here and people should be able to help you further.

Thanks for the reply the pissing contest was getting old.

... Someone mentioned pcv, should this have been done at the same time as coils? Is this something easily accessible?

Yes, it absolutely should have been. Now half the labor you paid for the coil/plug change will have to be repeated for the PCV. If you search, you'll see that PCV problems on the V6 are sometimes related to temperature.

I'd also take a closer look at that bent/straightened MAF. The wires on a MAF are very sensitive, delicate creatures and they don't like being messed with at all. Even an overoiled K&N "filter" is enough to mess with one. If you know anyone near with the same generation and config LS as yours that you might be able to swap MAFs with for a test would be something to try.

I appreciate the info guys. Wish i checked hear first for other things to change while the coils were done. I haven't checked out the MAF myself yet but will have to look into it. And I guess I can start with the pcv also. I will post what I find out.

i would try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery if you (or mechanic)have not done so since replacing the coils. make sure to follow the battery reconnect procedure int he owners manual and just give it a drive cycle and it should be fine. you can search for the drive cycle post, someone posted it a few months ago.

disconnecting the battery will throw out the old calibration specs (keep alive memory) from the old coils and acquire new ones for the new components.

i have an 05 v6; there was a recall on the pcv and lincoln replaced it for free. not sure if that applies to 04 or not. someone here might have a minute to look it up for you, i currently dont have a minute

i would clean the MAF too, if the mechanic didnt do it, before doing a battery disconnect/reconnect. it is easy. i just use the MAF cleaner made by CRC, two bolts and some spray.. just dont drop the MAF or touch the internals

So I just had all plugs, coils, and valve cover gaskets replaced. The damn car still shakes. The mechanic mentioned something before the MAF being bent so he tried to straighten it. He also mentioned it was throwing a o2 sensor code. He just told me to drive it and see what happens. Just spent $1000 on the coils and plugs and starting to get aggravated about this shaking. It is only in the morning that it does this.
Someone mentioned pcv, should this have been done at the same time as coils? Is this something easily accessible?

weird that it threw a code without illuminating a check light..
running a bottle of Lucas through it wouldnt kill it either. make sure youre running 92+ octane while youre at it...

Haven't checked out the pvc yet or the MAF but I did replace an o2 sensor. It seemed to have cleared up for a few days but now the shake is back. Just kind of waiting on some nicer weather. I have only been running 93 since owning it

Members online

No members online now.
Back