Car just keyed passenger side almost the whole length!!

MN12hybrid

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Splendid.. After a year of sitting, I finally get my 94 Mark VIII Base back on the road, and immediately it starts getting messed with. Someone keyed the passenger side from the side mirror all the way to tail. I dont know what the **** it is with these ****ing people that do this ****ing ****!! My car was painted just before I got it in 2012, and within a few days, someone swiped the front driver side corner on the bumper, and scratched the paint off, and then 8 months later the same exact thing happened on the passenger side.

Then my Honda the other night got hit lightly on the front driver side fender, and it caused metal to flex, and now I have the door edge opening against the fender. Godammit, only 41k on this 1999 Accord that looks like it came out of a time capsule.

I think I know who did it to my Mark (but not sure), which could be some guy a few months ago I almost hit when he pulled right out in front of me. I honked at him and he had the nerve to get out of his car. I was pissed (I should have let it go) and had to prove a point since this dip**** was trying to act this way on purpose in front of his girlfriend - I got out of the car and walked up to him, and asked him how often he likes trying to pick fights with people twice his size.. Idiot kicks off his shoes like he was in a karate studio and threw his hands up and talking ****, but wouldnt get near me. I couldnt do anything since he was standing about 8-10 ft. from me (so I couldnt claim self defense if I got caught); if he had gotten close within my arms length I would have probably taken his ass down real HARD, and I even told him that. He wouldnt get up near me, and then he walked off back to his car and left with his girlfriend. I was driving my Honda during this incident...

The other night I got home from work and got out of my car and saw someone that looked like that guy riding a bike by and he looked at me, and started to turn around towards me, and then quickly reversed and went the other way - he went around the block, so I waited across the street for quite a while (out of sight) for him to come back around, since I had a gut feeling that this chicken-**** would have done something like this. Well he never came back, so if it was him, it had to be done in the middle of the night. That leaves me with two possibilities.. Maybe it is this guy, although he looked older and I kind of had my doubts, and he never saw me driving my Mark until that night - OR - it could be my ex-gf who is really pissed at me, since we broke things off.. She did taunt me for years, so I finally left, and did so in an emotionless fashion which really ****ed with her bad I guess. Next time that happens with someone throwing their hands up in the air, my size 15 is going up their ass, whether I get in trouble for it or not.

I'm completely up in the air with this right now. What do you guys think? I want to say this guy did it, but I know there is a chance my ex could have done it as well. After all, I have seen her key other cars in the past (not often), and even wrote "ass hole" on a windshield with a window paint, to someone who really taunted and basically threatened her. I didnt agree with her doing that since you never mess with another persons car (unwritten law), but I was glad that was all she did during that time, due to her anger issues.

I also have a 95 Taurus GL beater car, I am going to examine that car to see if that got hit as well. If my GF did this to my Lincoln I wonder if she would have even bothered with the Taurus because that car looks like **** and she knows I really like my Mark.

Ill get pics of it tomorrow, I want to fix this scratch without taking it to the shop, so Ill post the pics on this thread as soon as I get them.

Here is a pic from couple weeks ago, right after washing and waxing it. I just cant win, I cant seem to get ahead, in anything right now... rant off

100_0262.jpg

100_0262.jpg

Thats a shame. The car looks really nice. With the past history of the GF, she would be my first choice. Did the incident with the other guy happen close to home? Either way, the damage is done and it sounds like you learned a lesson from it. Tony from Connecticut would be the guy that can help you best with the repair. He has done some amazing things with rattle cans. Also, I have a nice side light if interersted.

Thats a shame. The car looks really nice. With the past history of the GF, she would be my first choice. Did the incident with the other guy happen close to home? Either way, the damage is done and it sounds like you learned a lesson from it. Tony from Connecticut would be the guy that can help you best with the repair. He has done some amazing things with rattle cans. Also, I have a nice side light if interersted.

This incident with this moron took place about 9-12 blocks down the same street so its very possible. I just now have to keep myself cool... Im not a small dude, if I see this other guy I mentioned, and pound his ass to the ground just for good measure just in case he did this to my baby, the cops will look at me (over 6' 4") compared to the other guy (about 5' 6"), and they will just take me in even if I was truly "defending" myself.

Im not sure how to approach this..

On a different note, I could really use side parking lights and my headlights are so bad I have to use the brights now. I got some slightly better ones at the wrecking yard I can rebuilt, but a stud on one of them broke off.. no big deal I though, since I can just take it off the existing **** headlights on my car.. but it turned out that the same stud was broken on both my headlights on the car. If you poke the fixtures with your finger, both of them are kind of loose and pivot up and down.

I will have to get one more headlight, a drivers side parking lamp, and the chrome plastic strip for the existing right side parking lamp; although its probably better if I replace the right side piece with something that doesnt have surface fissures - I have somewhere between 235k and 250k (the dash pod stopped working except for speedo for a while and I fixed it when I got the car). The previous owner drove it back and forth from CA to OK twice a month. The car was in pretty bad shape, with the bottom of the motor so soiled with years of dirt and grease and oil, that you couldnt even see much of the bottom of the motor, and oilpan.. It looked like a giant beehive of dirt that I had to put gloves on, and found when pulling the dirt that there was about 6" to 7" of dirt - I had never seen anything like that before even on old cars.

Motor and trans run good, although my timing chain tensioner does knock and go away quickly, and then its the tapping in the valves after which comes and goes. The one thing that scares the hell out of me are the condition of the ball joints, I broke one 2 months after getting the car, as I pulled into a gas station (just like my MN12 bird). The airbags are in good working shape although the right rear solenoid sometimes sticks and that shock wont deflate. Its just the other parts, control arms, bushings, strut-rods, tie-rod ends, etc.. I plan to rebuild the front and rear ends. The alignment is so bad that when you take a turn, and step on the gas as you exit the turn, the steering wheel doesnt straighten itself out, and you have to physically turn it back. Needless to say Ive been driving my Honda and Taurus, until I get this **** fixed on my Mark.

My crossover pipe was stuck on for ages, and I had some odd issues with motor temp going higher than it should but not overheating. It would get to the upper part of NORMAL range, and you could feel the computer pulling timing. After taking car of that issue, and driving it over the past few months, I never can get it higher than slightly above the very middle. The 93's and 94's have temp gauges that respond in real time. Whether you are at 185 or 195 in my Honda, it sits pretty much in the middle, but on the Mark the temp needle will definitely move to reflect this and I think this is why a lot of people with this particular year have this issue. None of the second gens I had driven have done this.

Looking at it in hindsight, Ill never understand why this dweeb kicked his shoes off in the street.. good way to get your toes stomped and all broken!

Don't know where the keying took place, but chances are that a camera was on somewhere. I'm an eye for an eye person. If you get the person that did it, you should key them, and take off the same amount of skin, that they took paint. Skin grows back, paint cost $$$ Your car is beautiful, and It would not be easy to touch up. Paints pretty fresh, and easy to match. Have the side painted. Got a pic of the keying? TONY

As much as you'd like to pound his ass, don't ! Then you will need a lawyer .. I'd rather be keyed... it's cheaper !

I would NEVER return the favor with keying his car. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I did that, it would tear me up. I would, however, spray a smiley face on ever panel of his car with aircraft paint remover. Maybe even all the door jams... I hate having to paint door jams!

Just set up an inexpensive camera hooked to a computer pointed at your rides. you might get lucky and catch who did it.

Forget the revenge idea. I am a big guy as well, it is not worth it to get into a fight and have to go to court (been there, done that).
You also never know who these days is carrying a firearm.
Best thing to do as said is to get a camera and get proof in case they come back.

Don't know where the keying took place, but chances are that a camera was on somewhere. I'm an eye for an eye person. If you get the person that did it, you should key them, and take off the same amount of skin, that they took paint. Skin grows back, paint cost $$$ Your car is beautiful, and It would not be easy to touch up. Paints pretty fresh, and easy to match. Have the side painted. Got a pic of the keying? TONY

Im going to take some pics tomorrow, and will have a closer look at my Honda as well, to see if it has the signature of my ex gf. Ill post them tomorrow afternoon, or in the evening. Thanks guys!!

Like marked8 said, all that court stuff sucks, let alone jail time. An old guy once told me; if you want to get back at someone, the best way is to hurt them in their wallet!

Your entire post screams your ex-GF did it. (You even admitted she has done it in the past...)

Once a keyer, always a keyer.

Real loser thing to do.

Members online

No members online now.
Back