car just got hailed on for a good five minutes

trifelife

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Looked and sounded terrible watching it hit. I was praying like a condom broke. Luckily no damage that I can see. Nickel to quarter size hail. I'll do a full inspection in the morning.

Looked and sounded terrible watching it hit. I was praying like a condom broke. Luckily no damage that I can see. Nickel to quarter size hail. I'll do a full inspection in the morning.

We went through a hail storm in South Dakota a few years ago. The hail broke out some windows in our hotel and dented every panel on a brand new (still had dealer "plates") Mitsubishi Lancer. It also shattered the rear window (it was in the back seat) and windshield. That poor car was TOAST! Conversely, we had NO damage on our LS.

You watched it for 5 minutes and didn't even run out and throw some blankets on it??

I'm a little over protective of my paint. I pay more for towels to dry my car than I do for towels to dry myself lol.

You watched it for 5 minutes and didn't even run out and throw some blankets on it??

Good point. Also how can you call that a GOOD 5 minutes, I'd call it a horrible, scary, dizzying, traumatic, etc. 5 minutes!

The last time I did something like that mother nature drew blood, and this was way worse than last time. Seriously, it would have been a stupid move.

I know the feeling. $5500 in damage.:eek: I stood in the kitchen PI$$ED!!!!! I only wish I knew then what I know now. I could have had the LS custom painted and the rear doors suicided for what the insurance paid for the damage.:(

It's a bad feeling. Because you know insurance isn't going to do you right, so you're pleading with nature for a break.

As long as you have full coverage. Your insurance has no choice but to take care of it. "Acts of God" are covered. The same if a tree were to fall on your LS.

ouch, trust me it sucks, i bought mine with hail damage and regret buying it because of how bad it looks

Ran to put mine in garage

weather man on tv said hail would be here in 5 minutes don't wait around get those cars inside, so I ran out and pulled the LS in the garage. A few minutes later the hail storm hit, dime sized hail, shredded my decorative and garden plants. At least the LS was safe!

As long as you have full coverage. Your insurance has no choice but to take care of it. "Acts of God" are covered. The same if a tree were to fall on your LS.
Don't even joke about that man! :eek:

@trifelife - I've never been more thankful for having covered parking. Could've been worse, thought it was supposed to be golf-ball sized hail.

Members online

No members online now.
Back