car is leaning

cmcallister6

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I replaced my front drivers side air strut with OEM strut from Ford because it was dropping at night. I installed new one and its not dropping anymore but my car still seems to be slightly leaning to one side. Do the leveling sensors need to be adjusted?

I replaced my front drivers side air strut with OEM strut from Ford because it was dropping at night. I installed new one and its not dropping anymore but my car still seems to be slightly leaning to one side. Do the leveling sensors need to be adjusted?

You probably just parked it in a cool stance. :cool:

J/k... You're right height sensors may need to be adjusted.

first check and make sure both of the sensors are back on the studs. this may or may not have happened to me in the past.

I had a problem with my car leaning to one side when I still had air ride, the drivers side front was about a half inch higher than the pass front at all times..I checked height sensors, both sides were at the exact same height in the front..both were on the studs properly. I could never figure out why it leaned the way it did. The only thing I could think of was one air shock had more hair line cracks than the other so maybe it caused more leakage on one side?? I dunno..glad I don't have to deal with that sh*t anymore though.

or, you could have moved the height sensors to level the car.

but i am glad you are happy on springs. its just not for everyone.

or, you could have moved the height sensors to level the car.

but i am glad you are happy on springs. its just not for everyone.

Yeah but you shouldn't have to misalign one height sensor just to have it ride evenly..there had to have been another issue, it didn't come from the factory that way. And I did adjust the drivers side sensor to compensate, which then caused the front to slam.

Here's how high the drivers side front was

IMG_0410.jpg

Compared to passenger side..on even ground btw

markviiigarage4.jpg

the height sensor resistance probably just changed slightly over time. really not a big deal.
the slam was just worn, cracked bags.
your also assuming the upper control arms were never changed. if that ball is in a different location than factory, different ride height.
nothing complex here..

i've moved my height sensors several times to get what i wanted. it was easy.

Yea I'm going with the resistance of the sensors changed, makes more sense. UCAs are original, which reminds me, that'll be one of my next projects.

Members online

Back