Car cover or car tent?

Stopsign002

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I recently acquired an old Buick that I plan on driving during bad weather and during winter. I am trying to decide if I should get a car cover or get this tent looking thing I saw at Costco. Its essentially a tent garage, which is kinda cool, but I worry about how strong it is for holding snow and such. Also, if it gets too windy it could straight up blow away lol. Any thoughts on this? I think I'm leaning towards the tent due to ease of use (just park the damn car in it lol)

ive seen a lot of cars get damaged from car tents getting blow in the wind.

I picked up a coverite premiumtech for 15 at a swap meet its a great cover soft on the inside but tough on the outside it also has a tie down strap and holes for the lock kit
They're About 120 at pep boys
If you dont have folding mirrors it won't work as good
But if you to it'll work great
If you find one with mirror pockets get that one

I'd do a tent before a cover if it's sitting outside. Heck, I'd do a pole structure or even a roll off garage before a tent.

Here's what you need.....

211206d1229732647-car-capsule-img_1212.jpg

211206d1229732647-car-capsule-img_1212.jpg

They make great beaters, I got an A body too. Mine's been defacing the same part of the driveway for a while. No cover or tent. Only thing that will kill it is our Michigan winters.

They make great beaters, I got an A body too. Mine's been defacing the same part of the driveway for a while. No cover or tent. Only thing that will kill it is our Michigan winters.

Haha good to hear. Yeah, it definitely isn't pretty, but thats kinda' the point lol.

Haha good to hear. Yeah, it definitely isn't pretty, but thats kinda' the point lol.

Not sure what engine you have, I've been graced with the iron duke. It's the slowest, noisiest, thirstiest four banger I've ever seen, but it's needed absolutely nothing in the past 28 years besides wear items. Just started rusting about 2 years ago.

Not sure what engine you have, I've been graced with the iron duke. It's the slowest, noisiest, thirstiest four banger I've ever seen, but it's needed absolutely nothing in the past 28 years besides wear items. Just started rusting about 2 years ago.

It's a 6 cylinder. Don't know much about it really. The engine bay itself is clean, there is a little body rust but whatever lol

So I recently acquired an old Buick that I plan on driving during bad weather and during winter. I am trying to decide if I should get a car cover or get this tent looking thing I saw at Costco. Its essentially a tent garage, which is kinda cool, but I worry about how strong it is for holding snow and such. Also, if it gets too windy it could straight up blow away lol. Any thoughts on this? I think I'm leaning towards the tent due to ease of use (just park the damn car in it lol)

I would recommend the Covercraft Technalon Evolution. It's a great cover. I got mine from coverquest.com

Members online

No members online now.
Back